“First Time at any Westin... Excellent Hotel, Excellent Location!!!”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #31 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Miami, Florida
“First Time at any Westin... Excellent Hotel, Excellent Location!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my FIRST time at any Westin Hotel in the World, i was very surprised at the amenities in this particular Hotel and the comfortable that was for my and my Son... The Hotel is very Modern and with an excellent Location for many places in Austin... regarding the Shopping you are just walking distance to the Domain (Shopping Center)... The Breakfast was included in my rate and have it plenty of options in the Restaurant Hot and cold items with Full service Breakfast... One night i decide to try the URBAN restaurant and let me tell you that the plates was very nice done and not over priced... My Son love the Pizza!!! for sure my next trip to Austin i would stay at the same Hotel...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is located in "The Domain" next to the highway just outside of Austin, yet very quietly situated. I was booked into a room that hadn't been cleaned yet and therefore immediately received an upgrade. Lucky me :-) Everyone can make mistakes, it's great to meet people who know how to correct them well.
As we were tired from travel, we had a late dinner at the hotel's restaurant, that served excellent drinks and food for reasonable prices. The next day we had dinner in one of the nearby (walking distance) restaurants. Breakfast buffet is delicious, with a wide variety of local and international specialties (try the grilled grapefruit!)
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly at all times. The rooms are spacious, very clean and have all modern comfort. I can truly recommend this place if you ever have to travel to Austin.

Room Tip: 531 was excellent :-)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As usual, the Starwood group hotels are great, and the Westin in the Domain is no exception. The hotel has a good atmosphere and is very comfortable. Not so far from Austin downtown, and it also has the best shopping mall next door (walking distance). The entire hotel is in perfect condition; the hotel provides a service exceptional. The cleaning its oustanding, by the way! So, for me, best option in town!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
atlanta
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We called ahead to this hotel when fleeing a bad experience in another hotel. Because they didn't have 2-room suites, we had to get 2 adjoining rooms. I was told no problem and just to come in. It was 10:30 at night and we had our young son with us. We get there and there's no way to pull up to the valet area. Cars are parked there and nobody is moving them. The woman who checked me in is snooty and she informs me the room is now gone. The only room they have is on the " pet floor". Great. My biggest concern was noise. The pet floor is one floor up and there is music blaring through the lobby bar. She assures me we won't hear the music upstairs. Also told me the valets leave at 11:00 and can't help us with our belongings. It's 10:50 at that point.

We carry our sleeping son through the lobby with the blaring music and my husband has to make 2 trips outside to get our belongings. Finally in the room. Ahhhh. Until our air conditioner clicks off and yes....I can hear the music downstairs. Super.

The next day we switch rooms to a higher floor. The noise from music is better but I still hear drunk people in hallways singing and talking in the middle of the night. This is not a family friendly hotel. The rooms are nice and comfortable, but these other issues take away from the experience.

The last night there I go over to the window to close the curtains and I notice black mold all over the air conditioning vent and wall next to it. Disgusting. I don't want any of my family breathing that. Two nights for 2 adjoining rooms and over $800 spent. Should have been infinitely better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gibster1
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my second visit to the Westin. I have offices in Austin and visit regularly with work. I stayed for 7 nights and was very satisfied with my room, the food, and the overall service from staff here.

I joined the rewards program and was given a room on the 8th floor. The bed was huge and very comfortable. Shower pressure was good. Being a European, I wasn't used to the heat of Texas and had no issues with working the air con - which is always a bonus.

The kobe burger in the restaurant is great value and very tasty. Make sure you try it!

Look forward to my next stay.

Green Features: Join the reward program and the green program - you get a $5 voucher each day to use in the bar or restaurant if you reuse your towels and don't change your bed linen.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've been to this hotel a few times and really like it more and more each time we come. It has such good service from the time you check in, to the time you check out. The hotel restaurant serves great breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As for the rooms, we stay on the executive floor, which gives you complimentary Wifi, two breakfast vouchers, and free water. Also, the area is a great place to just wander around and have fun because there is endless opportunities in The Domain. If you're traveling to Austin, I would stay at this hotel over all others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hjg61
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in the area for a gathering at the Domain. The location is super convenient if you need to be in the Domain area; however, it is a bit of a drive from downtown so don't think you'll easily get to/from downtown while at this location.

The lobby is very high-end, just what you would expect from Westin. As a Gold SPG member, we were given recognition but unfortunately, no upgrade. No explanation but perhaps there was nothing available. We don't know. Other than that, the customer service was warm and friendly.

The king room we had was done in a very soothing color palette and the Westin signature bed was just a heavenly as I remembered. Overall, the room was very comfortable and the bath was large enough for two people to get ready in without too many issues.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants so I can't comment on those. For people going to other locations in the Domain, there is sometimes a golf cart that will take you around the area - but it seemed like we could never get any of the staff to take us - even when we were heading to the Aloft (a sister property down the street).

Aside from small lapses in customer service, the experience was great - if only because the room was so comfortable.

Green Features: The green program is a great way to earn points on SPG!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple