“Great hotel, friendly staff, clean and contemporary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Austin at The Domain

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #32 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel, friendly staff, clean and contemporary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Upon arrival, the hotel was clean, contemporary, and easy to find. Parking was easy and the area was very nice. Shopping was within walking distance with lots of options for dinner. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable and the bathroom had a nice big walkin shower.

Overall, great experience, would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Slovak first
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall I thought the hotel was nice and I would stay again. We had a few issues while there and the staff always responded promptly and nicely. The following summarizes the problems and responses:

Arrived about 4:30 and one of our rooms was not ready. They said that the room would be ready in about 10 minutes which wasn't a huge deal for us. They gave us some extra Starwood points which I thought was a nice.

We noticed an unplesant odor in the room - possibly pet related. They said that they would try and find us a nother room which they did and we moved which was kind of an annoyance. They offerred us some more Starwood points and some free drink vouchers which I thought was fair.

My wife ordered food and drinks at the pool while I was out and it never came. After about 2 hours she called back and they said that they had made a mistake. They brought her food and drinks and comp'ed everythingshe ordered which was also nice.

I like it when places take responsibility for a problem and they certainly did. Overall, the rooms and the facility is nice - not luxurious but nice. I will stay again if I get favorable rate. For the price I paid I thought it was a good value.

I wish that the pool was a little bigger and we thought the fitness facility was nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
San Mateo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin in Austin for a family event. Great hotel for the price value. First I have to mention the service, our room was not ready yet but the reception team did a great job of calling up to expedite the prep of the room, provided a free drink coupon to keep us entertained at the bar and stored bags efficiently and were over the top friendly. If everyone gets this kind of service, then they will have plenty of happy customers. The room was "roomy" (is that redundant?), bed very comfortable and bathroom modern (although the water from shower leaked onto floor (so asked for two bath rugs to soak up the extra water). Wi-Fi was fast and constant. Rate was under $250 per night and included breakfast and free wi-fi. The breakfast buffet was great, with lots of options from the standard eggs and bacon to healthy oatmeal and yogurt parfaits, plus made to order items. I would have preferred a hotel that was not in a mall and was closer to downtown, urban and walking (but this was the hotel picked by family for a family event, but I was so happy with the hotel, had to write a nice review for them and especially for the team because of their great service!).

Room Tip: Enjoy the breakfast, not sure about the restaurant for remaining meals.
Green Features: They also gave us a $5 discount based on putting a tag on our door at night saying don't change linens. Good for them, Fine for us, GREAT for the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my FIRST time at any Westin Hotel in the World, i was very surprised at the amenities in this particular Hotel and the comfortable that was for my and my Son... The Hotel is very Modern and with an excellent Location for many places in Austin... regarding the Shopping you are just walking distance to the Domain (Shopping Center)... The Breakfast was included in my rate and have it plenty of options in the Restaurant Hot and cold items with Full service Breakfast... One night i decide to try the URBAN restaurant and let me tell you that the plates was very nice done and not over priced... My Son love the Pizza!!! for sure my next trip to Austin i would stay at the same Hotel...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is located in "The Domain" next to the highway just outside of Austin, yet very quietly situated. I was booked into a room that hadn't been cleaned yet and therefore immediately received an upgrade. Lucky me :-) Everyone can make mistakes, it's great to meet people who know how to correct them well.
As we were tired from travel, we had a late dinner at the hotel's restaurant, that served excellent drinks and food for reasonable prices. The next day we had dinner in one of the nearby (walking distance) restaurants. Breakfast buffet is delicious, with a wide variety of local and international specialties (try the grilled grapefruit!)
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly at all times. The rooms are spacious, very clean and have all modern comfort. I can truly recommend this place if you ever have to travel to Austin.

Room Tip: 531 was excellent :-)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

As usual, the Starwood group hotels are great, and the Westin in the Domain is no exception. The hotel has a good atmosphere and is very comfortable. Not so far from Austin downtown, and it also has the best shopping mall next door (walking distance). The entire hotel is in perfect condition; the hotel provides a service exceptional. The cleaning its oustanding, by the way! So, for me, best option in town!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We called ahead to this hotel when fleeing a bad experience in another hotel. Because they didn't have 2-room suites, we had to get 2 adjoining rooms. I was told no problem and just to come in. It was 10:30 at night and we had our young son with us. We get there and there's no way to pull up to the valet area. Cars are parked there and nobody is moving them. The woman who checked me in is snooty and she informs me the room is now gone. The only room they have is on the " pet floor". Great. My biggest concern was noise. The pet floor is one floor up and there is music blaring through the lobby bar. She assures me we won't hear the music upstairs. Also told me the valets leave at 11:00 and can't help us with our belongings. It's 10:50 at that point.

We carry our sleeping son through the lobby with the blaring music and my husband has to make 2 trips outside to get our belongings. Finally in the room. Ahhhh. Until our air conditioner clicks off and yes....I can hear the music downstairs. Super.

The next day we switch rooms to a higher floor. The noise from music is better but I still hear drunk people in hallways singing and talking in the middle of the night. This is not a family friendly hotel. The rooms are nice and comfortable, but these other issues take away from the experience.

The last night there I go over to the window to close the curtains and I notice black mold all over the air conditioning vent and wall next to it. Disgusting. I don't want any of my family breathing that. Two nights for 2 adjoining rooms and over $800 spent. Should have been infinitely better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family