“alright. It is a chain, OK?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mama Fu's Asian House - Triangle
Ranked #1,199 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 26 August 2014

has any asian chain ever been any good? Pei Wei maybe? Most kinda lame I think. Nothing spectacular here - but what did you expect?

Reviewed 31 July 2014

A refreshing surprise for Asian take-out food! Korean Road Tacos were well done with the right Asian spice kick, chicken, veggies, and a nice sauce. Fresh and delicious. A good mix of menu items to satisfy all Asian food tastes.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great Chinese food, I enjoy eating the Orange Peel Chicken with fried rice and a tea for about $11. Between this one and the Mama Fu's Downtown Austin I would recommend the Triangle.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had never been to the Triangle and some friends wanted to have lunch on New Year's Day in that area. I dreaded going because of parking issues (as always with Austin) What a surprise--there is a parking garage! And FREE!
There was the Flying Saucer restaurant and Galaxy Cafe open, but both where pretty busy. So we went to Mama Fu's.
I had the Thai Basil noodle dish with chicken. This dish was rated extremely hot on the menu. I can take hot, I LOVE hot, but sometimes Asian hot is insane. The clerk recommended the sauce on the side. Wow! There was a lot of sauce, and I found it not to be insanely hot - it was just right! Enjoyed it thoroughly! Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I ended up here after finding out the Thai restaurant we really wanted to go to wasn't open. Since we don't live in Austin we had no clue where to go so just stopped at the next restaurant down the street.
It looked good, smelled good in there, and the prices were fine. However the food was NOT good. We should've suspected something since there was no one else there. Since we were in a Thai mood we went for some soup and the red and green curries. It was weird, the veggies were really fresh and crisp and the rice was fine in the curries, but everything else surrounding it was terrible. Mainly they were nowhere near what real red or green curries are. Coconut milk? Any sauce at all? The overwhelming flavor on my green curry was salt. I ate a few pieces of the mealy meat and a lot of the veggies but I just could not stomach anything more. The soup was horrible. My husband's red curry was apparently tainted because he had an upset stomach the next day.
We later found out that this is a chain and we tend to stay away from these as the food is always inferior. Well, lesson learned. Never again.

1  Thank goddess0063