“Surprisingly nice”

Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport
Ranked #100 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I guess it shouldn't have been so surprising, given the reviews here. But I'll add to the acclaim. It's deserved.

I arrived at the hotel having had a bad experience with Avis at the airport. My greeting was friendly and courteous and the still-warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk helped a lot.

A nice and surprisingly quiet hotel. Very convenient to the airport - you can read the airline names on the tails of the planes as they land and take off a few hundred yards away. My room was very spacious (two queen beds), very clean and (here comes that word again) surprisingly quiet. Everything worked. The bed was VERY comfortable. Breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon (they had me at bacon). Wi-fi signal was strong. My room had a nice touch that I haven't seen elsewhere - a window seat. Ideal for watching the planes land and take off.

This is obviously a business hotel, so it doesn't have a lot of charm. But I'd recommend it. Especially given the low rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side (above the entrance) face the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ElliottBay

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My basketball team recently stayed in the Microtel. Due to a change in travel plans, the arrangements were very last minute. Brian Rochow was incredibly helpful in securing the rooms that we needed even though it was a very busy weekend. I had zero complaints from my party of 16 people...extremely clean rooms, very good complimentary breakfast, very flexible and helpful hotel staff, no shortage of hot water, etc. and very affordable.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others looking for a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ann S
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had seen pictures of the hotel in the Internet, however when I got there, I was surprise that the room was so much nicer in person than online. Very clean bathroom, beds, floor. One thing that was rather disappointing was breakfast. To me was below average of a regular continental breakfast. That is one area that the hotel really needs to improve.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room, you would need to get a suite.
1  Thank Maria A
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have stayed at this property several times before flying out and have always found it to be PERFECT. It is always clean with modern furnishings. The employees are always friendly and helpful and we will continue to use this Hotel and refer them to everyone. The free airport shuttle and free breakfast is also very appealing.

1  Thank TexasTraveler080
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed there last night, the staff is very nice! The cookies at front desk DELICIOUS, but they should put more and more often ;)
We arrived and they diddnt have our type room at first floor as we requested so they made us an upgrade !! Great!!

Very new hotel...
Very comfortable, just one thing: toilet paper is poor quality :(

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Can't beat the great location: close to highways and 8 minutes to downtown Austin. VERY helpful and friendly staff, VERY clean and big rooms with conveniences (microwaves and refrigerators, large couch and storage), decent, but average breakfast and good price. It was quiet as far as outside traffic, but hallway noises were an issue. Not glamorous, but we were there to sleep and shower. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We needed a place close to the airport for a quick stay & I found the Microtel online - it worked out perfectly for us. Staff was helpful & pleasant, room was pleasantly appointed (& beds comfortable) & could easily be worked in & the breakfast had enough variety for both of us. No, it is not the Ritz or where you would go for a resort stay, but you aren't paying for that either. Convenient location too. We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
Super 8 Austin/Airport South
Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport
Comfort Suites Austin Airport

Been to Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport

Address: 7705 Metro Center Dr, Austin, TX 78744-1729
Region: United States > Texas > Austin
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Best Value Hotel in Austin
#34 Family Hotel in Austin
#40 Romantic Hotel in Austin
#43 Business Hotel in Austin
Price Range: £62 - £166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Austin Airport