“Needs a bit more attention to detail.”

Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport
Ranked #99 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 October 2012

1  Thank SHANNON P

Reviewed 24 October 2012

1  Thank MATTHEW K
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the suggestion of a friend. Boy, was I surprised, and impressed! Not only the rate great, the staff was sooo helpful and courteous. They really make you feel welcome. The continental breakfast was not really continental (as I've had before), it was far above what is usually considered "Continental Breakfast! Not cold cereal hard muffins or fruit, but nice fresh and fluffy scrambled eggs, cinamon-raisin bagels (with real cream cheese if you like!), bacon, sausages, waffles (if you cared to make them yourself), oatmeal (instant), milk, OJ and apple juice, coffee... etc. I couldn't believe it! I will definitel be a return visitor-- mostly because of the hotel itself, the price, the staff, and the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Leslie H
A Wyndham traveler
SOUTHFIELD
Reviewed 23 October 2012

1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Microtel Inn& Suites - Austin, TExas

I had the pleasure of staying at this comfy hotel while I attended the Austin Film Festival this past week Oct. 17-21. I soooo enjoyed my stay that I wanted to everyone about the wonderful and professional staff working at the Microtel Inn & Suites.

I felt compelled to write this review because at first, I was very leery of staying at the location. Actually, it was a fellow writer who suggested the hotel to me. The price was very reasonable so I took a chance. Wow! Was I impressed!

When I first arrived, I was given Rm. 210. However, upon entering the room, it smelled of smoke (I'm very sensitive to cigarette smoke as it triggers my migraines). I advised the front desk personnel of this immediately and right away they offered an apology and assigned me another room (an upgrade) and went to work on deodorizing the other room for future guests. (It really ticks me off when guests don't follow the "No Smoking" rules in hotels). The staff was so understanding and willing to help make the situation better, that I wanted to tell somebody that good business practices still exist!

But the biggest surprise was yet to come. The free breakfast! Of course, the front desk clerk mentioned this as well, but I wasn't expecting it to be so fresh, and the dining area so clean (even with people coming and going into the area in the busy morning hours!) The housekeeping staff made sure the prep area was cleaned of all food spills and made sure guests had whatever they needed, whenever they needed it. And there seemed to be plenty to go around.

On Saturday, when I asked the front desk staff about directions to a restaurant where I could get some good seafood (thinking it would probably mediocre at best), imagine my surprise when they recommended the seafood establishment that was just a couple of miles away-- and then gave it a thumbs up. I, of course, had to let the staff know they nailed in on that suggestion.

As I was preparing to check out, I wanted to get some critical writing info to my friend who was also staying at the hotel. The info was a few pages in a book that I wanted to photocopy. Well, your Assistant General Manager, Carisa Whitefield came to the rescue and photocopied those few pages for me and had them ready by the time I had finished loading my belongings into my vehicle.

In a day and age where people rattle off one-liners to express their content or discontent with a business, I wanted to take the time to write a heartfelt review to give the Microtel-Austin Team a notice of "job well done" (even when the boss is not looking, Ha!). I plan to stay at this hotel again next year during the festival, and if I venture to Austin ibefore then, well I'll be a guest in your hotel much sooner. I have travel extensively and have stayed at many a hotel (some chains, some boutique) but Microtel Inn & Suites (Austin), was by far the most courteous and professional of them all. l left there feeling like was 5-star winner thanks to the Microtel Austin team!

Leslie

1  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed 19 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2012

It's a new-looking hotel .. Excellent mattress. Strangely spartan appearance in furniture (the clothes closet was a cheap-looking box in the corner. Plenty of counter space.
No personal touches, just your basic hotel. Not cheap.
We stayed in a suite, that was all that was available.
Utterly quiet, I loved that.
The desk arrangement was a bit different and I liked it. One very long counter, with 2 chairs. Connections in center on a pop-up. I use hotel desks for laptop and for doing my makeup.
I'd book again.
It's one of several hotels in an "airport cluster", I call them. Denny's Restaurant there. Full breakfast, although we rarely eat those. We prefer to go out for breakfast - I wish we could get a discount for NOT eating.

Room Tip: we stayed on top floor - it was quiet.