“bare bones (as expected)”

WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium
Ranked #123 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Seattle, Washington
“bare bones (as expected)”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed for a week during our visit to Austin. Everything was as expected upon check-in - bare bones facility, but that's all we needed. The issues we encountered, though, will make us think twice next time we book an extended-stay. 1) Expect some occasional dodgy, loud, profane types out in the parking lot. 2) Don't pay for the "high-speed internet." It is neither high-speed, nor reliable. The server went down on Friday and hadn't come back by check-out the following Monday. (They did cancel the charge when I called from home to go over the bill.) 3) Expect to pay an extra $7 for the initial linen service (pretty sure it was supposed to be included in the room rate, but whatever...) 4) Expect frequent wafts of cigarette smoke infiltrating your room from the corridors/outdoors/other units. So much for a "smoke-free" unit. 5) Don't get any stains on the sheets - expect to lose $20 of your deposit if you do (seriously???) 6) Don't expect any sort of comfortable mattress. Otherwise, this place worked out all right for our purposes but, again, I'll probably look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed for almost 3 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is a good location with many stores and restaurants within a short distance. The facilities are immaculately clean and there is real attention to cleanliness and security. I would solidly recommend this hotel to anyone needing an extended stay. We plan to return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. It is our gal everyday to have a clean and safe environment for our guest. I am most happy that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. We do hope that if you are in need of extended stay again that we will be your choice hotel.
Reviewed 10 February 2013

From the outside the place looks nice. The room was clean. The price is reasonable. My husband relocated to Austin for a job and chose this place because it was close to work. The first day we checked in you could here the people upstairs walking. I can understand hearing noise here and there but my goodness it was beyond bearable. We heard a thump every 10 seconds along with someone running. We call the front desk and the lady went to the room but the noise continued. Apparently the people had kids. There is constant noise whether its a kid running, a loud thump or yelling. We will not be staying here anymore.

• Stayed January 2013
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback on the hotel. We do apologize that noise was an issue during your stay. I am glad to hear that you found the property to be clean, safe, and the staff to be helpful. Unfortunatetly there are times when for one reason or another we do not meet your expectations. We use all comments and feedback as additional training tools for our staff...so we thank you again for your comments. I do hope that when in the area again....or other Value Place areas that you will give us another try. Thanks again
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Room was very clean, safe location. Small but still a great value for the whole week stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Earth, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2012

$30 to replace a pillowcase. YIKES! Had I known, I would have gone to Wal-Mart and bought one to replace the one that got messed up. Ridiculous! Especially when they buy them in bulk at a reduced rate.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelBug70x7
Atlanta
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My family and I checked in a few weeks ago and we were able to get the room we requested and they kept the promise of clean and safe. The secured bldg made it easyer for us not to worie about the weather or anything else. The room was very clean and the people were freindly. Our room was about 35.00 a night and we did not expect too many frills. It was perfect for our vacation and we will be back. I did look at other options but you cant beat the price for what you get.

Room Tip: Get the one with the couch
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
LIPgdyer, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed in value place for 3weeks but I found the front desk don't care for complains they have a policy of room cleaning after 2 weeks I called three days asking about it but they keep telling me the house keeper will do today but that day did not come.I experienced "BUG BITE" at nights I complained at front desk she sent some maintenance person he tried to find at edges of room as could not find he told me there is no bed bug I tried to sleep again but could not by getting bites every nights and after 3 days of 3rd week when I found "BED BUG" I told front desk taking the evidence of dead bed bug on hand.They checked the room as same way as they did before as they could not find and they blamed us that we have bugs with us asked us to check out the as soon as possible it was really a very shocking action taken by the management it was extremely bad action and not the real solution of the problem we were sure we don't have bed bugs with us but they did not listen to us and also till the end of the week we did not get house keeping service they told that was the policy and blamed us.
I can never believe that can be the motel policy that if you get bug bite means u r out of the motel.......It was bad experience we are on business purpose in Austin never expected this behaviour from Value Place.

Never want to step in again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business