“Won't find better in Austin, period! Clean, safe, great people and great rates”

WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium
Ranked #116 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

When faced with relocation to the Austin area from Ohio on short notice, it became clear right away that fining a place to stay would be challenging. Not knowing the city or the reputations of those advertising long term lodging options, I began to contact several companies that advertised as extended stay properties. Most people I spoke to were rude to the point that you knew that you didn't want to even be around people like that, much less stay at their place.

Once I called the Value Place at Hymeadow, I was confident that I had found my new home in Austin. The staff was friendly and responsive over the phone. Made my arrangements in advance and made the transition almost seamless.

Once I arrived, I was surprised at how clean the properrty is. The exterior looks new (Think it opened in 2009), entranceway and everything else was clean and well taken care of. Checked in and was impressed from day one. Been here ever since and plan to be here for a long time, as you will not find a better deal in Austin. (I've checked)

Austin is expensive to live in, at least it is for me. The monthly rate that include utilities and a quiet, clean environment just can't be beat! The full size refrigerator, kitchenette, I and the rest of the room is "comfy" and functional.

The one aspect that I found particularily important is the security. All doors are key entry and cameras are in the right places throughout the property, including the elevator. The no tolerance on drugs and mischief really makes it all come together nicely.

For the best rates (daily, weekly and monthly), some of the nicest staff and responsive manager, and a clean safe environment, you really should check this property out.
You won't find a better deal in Austin, period.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

The room had a funky smell that never went away the whole time we were there. At first glance, it appeared clean, but then my daughter dropped her sippy cup on the floor and it rolled. When we picked it up, it was covered in black dog hair. The manager apologized and sent someone up to vacuum, but how about cleaning it BEFORE we checked in? The walls are paper thin and the people above us had young kids who bounced off the walls morning, noon and night. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. They say they have housekeeping every 2 weeks, but after 2-1/2 when no one had cleaned I mentioned it at the front desk. They finally came after 3 weeks and she told me she'd been there before to clean, but she couldn't change our sheets because there was stuff on the bed and she won't move people's things. So I had to take all of our shampoo, soap, etc. out of the bathtub so they'd clean it. Seems a little ridiculous to me that they won't move someone's shower gel to clean. But, there were a couple of pluses: Most of the staff was friendly and the parking lot was well lit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Monterrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

I went for two weeks to this place, and of course we didn´t expect much from it, because is an unexpensive place, but what we expected was for it to be clean. It looked clean, in fact, they apply us an inquiry about our room and their services and I said it was clean. When we got home we went to see a doctor because we were badly bitten, and we thought there were mosquitos, but for our surprise the doctor said they looked like flees bites and that was why we went to sleep and always awoke all bitten, but we did not know flees; when he said that, we remembered that this place allows pets, and I think they do not have a special place or at least it doesn´t seem because I saw them in every floor, and I think they do not clean this place correctly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JOSEmonterrey
VP-Clean-Safe-Simple, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Every one of our Value Place locations has the same no pet policy unless it is an approved animal being used for handicap assistance. Having a pet in a guest's room or on premises violates the signed occupancy agreement and subjects the guest to cleaning fees along with being asked to remove the pet from our property. All of our rooms are deep cleaned between stays ensuring the highest level of cleanliness and safety for all our guests. We encourage you to contact the District Manager if at any point you feel this Value Place promise is not being met.

Thank you for choosing Value Place Extended Stay Hotels for your lodging needs. We are happy to provide you with a simple, clean and safe environment at the most affordable cost- without sacrificing comfort or flexibility of your needs.

VP Management