“Terrible 4 day stay”

Ranked #51 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Harlingen, Texas
“Terrible 4 day stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Reading the reviews reminds me of a Seinfeld episode "Bizarro World". I cannot believe we
are reviewing the same motel. Just to be clear, this La Quinta is on Lakeline Mall Drive just north of 183 near Cedar Park. It is about 4 years old, and there is heavy road construction apparently extending Lakeline Mall Drive north. My wife and I stayed there 4 nights in March 2014 ... and it was a TERRIBLE STAY for nearly $800. The staff is incompetent. My wife had to fight with housekeeping to clean the room by noon so she could shop. Then she had to argue with them about leaving fresh soap and a bath mat. The morons picked up all but a tiny 1/3 bar of soap and left no replacements. The same day they picked up the bathmat and did not leave a clean one. We nearly ran out of toilet paper because the cleaning staff did not leave clean rolls. When my wife complained to the front desk it took them quite a while to deliver fresh rolls. The cleaning staff supervisor appeared irritated that we didn't go along with the motel's "Save the Planet" program of changing the sheets every third day ... a program I have relabeled "Save the Franchise Owner Money". That wasn't the worst house cleaning incident. My wife was using our bathroom Sunday morning as we prepared to leave, so I used the restroom near the front desk. It seemed clean so I felt comfortable using it. Imagine my surprise when I discovered there was NO TOILET PAPER. I's a good thing the toilet seat covers did not stop up the plumbing. There is more. The 'free' breakfast is worth just that
.. ie, zero. One morning they put out one danish in the covered tray. It was very early so you shouldn't conclude there had been a run on danish. My friend's apple was so green he couldn't slice it. Our last night I asked the gal at the front desk to give us two wakeup calls ... 2:30 am for my wife's medication and 5:30 am so we could catch an early flight out of Bergstrom. When I called at 11 pm to make sure the wakeup calls were set, the guy at the front desk told me he had no record of them. I stayed on the line as he searched around and he finally came back on, "I found her note .... you want 3:00 and 5:30 calls". I corrected the first time and lay awake half the night wondering if the calls would come through. I have saved the 'best' for last. I had booked a room in my name for a friend who would join me at the UIL basketball tournament in the Drum. Both our reservations were for 4 days. When he returned from the last games late Saturday night, he discovered to his dismay the staff had rented his room to someone else and packed up and stored his belongings in a closet. They gave him another room, but he had to unpack and repack early Sunday morning for a drive back to the Hill Country. I have written over 50 tripadvisor reviews of restaurants and hotels, and THIS IS MY MOST NEGATIVE REVIEW EVER!. .. .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnb1246

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Best I've had! Room was spotless. Guest service warm and efficient. Decent breakfast selection. Room was quiet with no outside noise. Would definitely stay here in future. Lots of local restaurants with Taget and WalMart close by to fill the cabinets. Plenty room to store luggage. Overall Prefect

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently right off of 183 and it is near a Super Target and Subway. The food for breakfast was good and the room was clean. My only reservation is that there were a bunch of dogs and we have allergies so I'm not sure if we could stay there in the future. It's still pretty new and hopefully they are being careful to vacuum. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

If you can get past the odor in lobby, one employee running around barefoot with a very immodest outfit (to put it nicely,) the other employee making you stand in line to check in 3 times because the rooms were not as requested (and saying its not their fault but their central reservation) - in other words a customer service nightmare- then the rooms themselves are average except heavily deodorized. There are other hotels much better than this one in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tandi101
chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed one night at the LQ Inn and Suites in Cedar Park, TX. The hotel is located near the Lakeline Mall. Super Target/SBUX/Panera is nearby. Not to mention a new HEB express. The staff was great. Both friendly and efficient. My room was great. Clean, spacious and comfortable. Not your typical LQ room. The room has been updated and is not dated. The bathroom was also very spacious, however, the bathroom doors must be hung incorrectly because they only stay half open. Which is annoying when your near the door.

I only encountered one problem during my stay. My room wasn't cleaned when I returned form Houston. First time I have encounteredt his. The front desk staff was ok, but only offered me new towels. I asked to be moved to another room and was given a new room. I felt like I should have had to ask. Otherwise, I had a great stay. Would stay again when back in ATX.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Wow, what can I say about this very clean La Quinta Inn & Suites in North Austin, the last stop before the toll roads, located across the street from every store one can think of, beautiful native cactus and Texas shrubs in the back, great parking, with a house keeping staff that is so quiet one can sleep in and not hear vaccuum cleaners! From the wonderful breakfast including eggs, meats and Texas specialties, love those waffles in the shape of the State of Texas, to the Supper Bowl party, and Wednesday "Happy Hour", it truly has everything. As Ohioans we often stay with family in Texas, but staying at this "Inn" is like staying with family -- the front desk staff was most interesting and helpful, the kitchen staff superb. I give this hotel the highest recommendation and it is senior friendly! We stayed from Jan 31 - Feb 6, when Austin's weather changed daily. Were it not for the staff's excellent suggestions as to how to drive around North Austin, which is very different than driving around South Austin, we would have missed our great-niece's 2nd birthday party, the reason we flew to Austin in the worst weather in the U.S. in years! I fear leaving someone out, want to thank the many behind the scenes that make this "Inn" work, and want to thank the Director of Sales, Michael Miranda, Kim, Milton, *Mahesh, *Medina, Cara, Broc, Justin, Josh, etc! We had incredible invitations/deals to stay overnight at senior communities in the area, but are very glad we picked this hotel. The roads were predicted to be icy the morning we were to leave, and even Ohioans hate ice, but we checked with Michael and we could stay longer if needed. The staff at this hotel are beyond awesome, my only fear is that the secret will get out, and we will not be able to get in the next time we wish to visit our "North Austin Family," including our relatives and our "new extended family" at the La Quinta Inn & Suites on Lakeline Mall Drive! Austinites, if you need to get away for a couple days, like wanting to leave for a weekend while your home is up for sale, seriously consider staying at this hotel -- if there is something you need, they will help!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RosaC1522NM
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Whenever my wife and I travel, we try to stay at La Quinta most of the time. Last week we stayed at this one and it definitely is one of the best! The hotel is only about three years old but it still looks (and smells) brand new. From check-in to housekeeping the staff is incredible. They keep coffee flowing 24/7 and it is one of the better breakfasts. If you happen to be in the north Austin area I highly recommend this La Quinta. You will NOT be disappointed. Only one critique.....like most hotels the walls are not sound proof. If your "neighbor" is loud there is a chance you will hear them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Northwest Austin
Comfort Suites NW Lakeline
Northwest Austin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin NW/Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!