“Great service”

Ranked #46 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“Great service”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I went to Barton Creek for a work function weekend and was very impressed by the top notch service. Front desk, valet, bartenders- everyone was friendly, helpful accommodating. Exactly what I want at a resort. Room was nice, scenery is beautiful, everything was easy. Spa was also extremely relaxing and comfortable. Only downer was the size of the pool. On a summer weekend in Texas, you need a seriously large pool to handle a hotel full of hot people and their kids.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
It's wonderful to hear you were impressed with our service during what I hope turned out to be a productive business trip. We appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed at Barton Creek for a corporate event and really enjoyed my stay. I would go back to this property on my own. It is great for golfers, families, corporate events, wellness travelers and anyone looking for a spa getaway. The fitness center is excellent with a large weight room, group X room, mind-body room, lots of cardio equipment, indoor track, and indoor swimming pool. It rivals most Golds Gyms.

While I didn't play golf during my stay, the course looked great. There were lots of very serious golfers at the resort - they were putting down the hallways of the hotel at night to prepare for the next day's rounds. I would make a special trip back to Barton to play the courses there.

The nature trail is amazing. I walked along it one morning and came face to face with several deer down by the stream. There are tree forts, an indian teepee recreation and lots of interesting natural features along the trail. I recommend taking some time out of your trip to walk along the stream down to the creek.

The food was excellent. I enjoyed the daily varieties of food prepared in the main kitchen. We used the clubhouse (which has a large pool), and I enjoyed the view and setup of the clubhouse.

The rooms were standard, but well appointed. The beds were comfortable and housekeeping was great.

Overall, I would recommend Barton Creek to anyone looking for a quick getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay during your corporate event. It's not always easy finding time to mix business and pleasure, so we hope you do decide to return to try out our championship golf courses!
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you golf or play tennis, this would be a great escape. There aren't any fancy slides or lazy rivers to entice children but there is a mini golf course and Kids Club at $15.00 an hour. Service was exceptional. Shops are definitely nice but even more pricey than you might expect (colored denim shorts running $130.) But the rooms are extra large and nicely appointed and it seemed a good value for the rates charged.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for your feedback from your recent business trip. We agree that Barton Creek is an excellent escape for golfers and we hope to see you out on the course soon!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We are here for business. My husband's company sent us here from Tuesday through Sunday.
Our room was not ready when we arrived, and we were early. They were very kind to accommodate us, and even had the room keys sent out to us at the pool.
The pool is extremely small for a resort this size. It is 3 feet to 4.5 feet deep and not much larger than a nice backyard pool. Beware if you have little ones- you have to go down a fairly long set of stairs to get to the pool level, so if you are trying to carry pool toys and a little ones hand, be careful going to the pool.
The spa and workout facilities are nice. The ladies locker room is equipped very nicely and seems clean. I enjoyed using that facility tremendously. The workout facility has great machines and lots of them, plus an indoor track- which was nice on the very warm Texas mornings when I didn't want to walk outside.
Our room had 2 queen beds and a desk with chair and 2 wingback chairs with a small table (not one to sit around). There was nothing wrong with the room, but nothing extraordinary, either. The room we were in was quiet and we (hubby, son and myself) all slept well each night.
My only complaint would be that we are here in Austin- a city with lots of high tech companies and so forth- and this resort wants to charge you $10 per 24 hours to use the wi-fi. There is a free (hopefully) network, but it cuts in and out all day. I just think if McDonald's can offer a free wi-fi, then a nice resort like this one can, too.
Since we were here with my husband's company, we did not have a choice. And i also do not know how much it costs to stay, But I would probably not choose to come here on my own. There is nothing wrong with this resort, but we have stayed at ones in this same area with better pools. We did enjoy our stay and had a great time. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants near by and Austin is a cool place to visit. (I wouldn't want to live here, too much traffic...and I'm an Aggie:)
Don't let this review stop you from staying at Barton Creek. Overall, it is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback regarding your experience at Barton Creek. This is extremely helpful input as we continue to strive to meet all of our guests' needs.
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Our family visited the resort for a Father's Day getaway. We had nothing but good things to say about the staff and the se rice! The rooms are large and comfy and the fitness center is outstanding!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your Father's Day getaway at Barton Creek and appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you back again soon.
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Barton Creek is a beautiful place, if somewhat aging. My husband played golf and loved the courses. I hear the tennis is awesome, but I don't play. The spa is lovely and extensive. The food was fairly mediocre. The rooms were comfortable, the pool area is loaded with shade. The service was great. There's a cute little putt putt course and a fantastic hiking trail. But if you're looking for a comfy chair on a quiet porch, this is not the place. The lack of outdoor living areas is puzzling in such a beautiful place. Overall, for this kind of money, check out SA's JW Marriott or Hyatt's Lost Pines. I'd only go back here if I could get a room for less than $175. And I'd plan to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank foodiemomof4
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and kind words about our golf courses, spa, service and pool area. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable.
Waller, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great property and service. I am not even a golfer and we had a great stay. Pool area is fantastic. They need to add a lazy river. The staff around the pool area walks around bringing guests ice water pretty often which was a very nice surprise.

Room Tip: The room with 2 queens is much better than the king room in my opinion for a family. The fold out...