“A solid spa experience (didn't stay at the hotel)”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #56 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I live in Austin, so I haven't stayed at the Resort, but I do like to go to the spa. A lot. Whether you're looking for a facial, a massage or just an excuse to spend an afternoon in a bathrobe, the 3 Springs Spa at Barton Creek Resort is a great place to escape. I've been there twice, once with a girlfriend and once with my husband -- and both times were great. All the services are solid but it's the fact that they have a steam room, a sauna, a whirlpool and hands-down the best relaxation room around.

I like a spa where I can spend the day, relax and then get dressed afterwards. The dressing areas are roomy and comfortable with plenty of showers. You can get a pre-soak in the whirlpool before your massage or facial and that always makes it more relaxing.

Another nice touch? Lunch. You can order lunch while you're there and they have a private dining area that light and cozy and just made for the spa goers. The food is perfect for a spa day, too, with heavy emphasis on fresh salads and fruits.

The best part of this spa? It's the amazing relaxation room. The relaxation room is a dark cocoon that faces a limestone wall with spring water trickling down. They have lights that changes colors on the stone wall turning it from lilac to deep blue...there's something equally mesmerizing and relaxing about that wall. The room is cool, quiet with big chaise velvet chairs nicely spaced out so it feels private and with flowing curtains between the chairs. It's the perfect place to leave your cares. When I need a true spa day, this is where I head for quiet relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thanks for your glowing review about our Three Springs Spa! We're pleased that you enjoyed the Tranquility Lounge, spa treatments and fresh cuisine. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is the #1 Golf course in Texas for a reason. Five courses within a few miles of each other. Two Courses on Property. The Canyon's were tricky but fun and Fazio was a bit easier to play and stunning! I surprised my husband for his birthday and was pleased with all of our experience there, but one! The service in the main dining area was super super slow. The food was good but wasn't worth the super super slow service. However, In the "GRILL" located downstairs close to the proshop the shrimp scampi was the best I have ever had. The service was light, fun and friendly. There is a spa on the property but was too busy playing all the golf we could in three days with the amazing Internet special.

Room Tip: We did get above the large air condition units, keep this in mind when you check in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

We're delighted to hear about your stay with us for your husband's birthday! Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was our second time visiting Barton Creek Resort. The rooms are perfectly clean with top quality linens. Nice amount of electrical outlets for business travelers.

Food at the resort was amazingly delicious. Th service is really steller. The spa is #1. I had 4 different treatments. The detox wrap, massage, ritual & facial. All were fabulous.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We're happy you were able to enjoy our dining outlets and Three Springs Spa treatments. We will pass along your kind comments to our team. We hope you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The rooms are large but the the bathtub is a shower/bath combo that is not fabulous for long soak. Depends on your priorities, I guess. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The spa had some issues with the sound system that hopefully were only a temporary problem. Even so, it was nice but I've seen better. The nature trail was rather disappointing. My real gripe was that they did not give me the wake up call I requested the first night. Then on the second night when I called for my wake up call I told them what had happened, and they swore it wouldn't happen again. But the next morning, I didn't get a wake up call again. Good thing I wasn't trying to catch a plane. I think if you golf and use your cell phone as your alarm clock this place would be great. But if you want an outstanding spa and a long soak in a great bathtub, go elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at BC with other couples to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. Had a fantastic time. Beautiful weather, large and spacious room, fantastic breakfast buffet, good atmosphere. Had superb service from a guy and I wish I could remember his name... He served us drinks at the pool one day and was so nice and had the best customer service. Then he even made us an omelette at breakfast. He was everywhere and deserves praise from BC for his hard work.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mamaofthreechickies

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We're happy you enjoyed our resort pool and Texas-Style cuisine. I have personally passed your note along to our Director of Operations and our team will be pleased to hear about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hill Country again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Barton Creek, what a wonderful place to stay! Didn’t matter who we encountered, management, cleaning staff, or valet, they all wanted one thing…they wanted to know how wewere doing. How awesome is that!!! This property is beautiful, even if you don’t golf. Just relax!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share such a glowing review about your stay with us! Our team will be pleased to hear about this. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hill Country again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at Barton Creek a couple of days before and during SxSW 2013.

The Good:
- The hotel was beautiful and well kept.
- Rooms were clean and HUGE.
- The staff was courteous and very very nice. I liked everyone there!

The Bad:
- Hotel is far from downtown. Just like previous reviewers has stated, taxi cost between $40 to $50. The cost isn't even the worst of it, it was the wait. The hotel has to call a taxi from the city to drive up. On a good day, it'll take 20 mins, but I have waited over an hour! (This is how I got to know the bar staff.) Luckily during SxSW, they had shuttles that drive you down there, but that cost $20 a ride and no shuttle to take you back. If you are in Austin to explore the city or go to SxSW. I'd recommend staying downtown.
- The hotel rooms are separated into 3 areas and very hard to navigate.

Overall, if you are here to golf, this is a beautiful hotel to stay in. It's a getaway from the city. Not recommended if you are here to visit Austin.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay during SXSW. We're pleased that you enjoyed our resort accommodations.

I do apologize that your transportation to downtown Austin expectations were not exceeded. While the majority of our guest feedback is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded. I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#8 of 203 in Austin
The Driskill
#26 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 203 in Austin

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!