“Barton Creeks, a great place for family gatherings”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #45 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, TX
“Barton Creeks, a great place for family gatherings”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The facilities and the staff and the food service are all excellent. The experience for our family of 14 was like a cruise without the added expense of the ship. There were activities that evary member of the family, withour regard to age, could enjoy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A friend made a reservation on our behalf for a weekend to catch up in Austin. This hotel was a compromise as the hotels in the inner city were far more expensive and were not as conducive to families. It is a little way out from the city centre, but it was easy to access the city taking only about 20 minutes and after a busy day of sightseeing it was lovely to retreat the the country club style location. Check-in was very quick and efficient the concierge was extremely friendly and helpful, for example, being willing to call live music venues on our behalf to find out what was on that night. The rooms were fairly standard, but of a high quality. The beds were really comfortable and the bathrooms well set out and spacious. The hotel was very quiet. We used the hotel health club and pool, which were excellent. We also used the bar, where the waitress was very friendly and attentive. One night there were two weddings in the resort, so the bar was very busy, but service remained good. The hotel breakfasts were a highlight, one of the best hotel buffet breakfasts I have experienced. If you are thinking about staying here, make sure you get a package which includes breakfast, it was SO good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
On a final note, a couple of days after we checked out I still had a 'hold' on funds on my credit card, as the card I used to check in had problems when I went to check out, so I paid on a different card. In order to sort this out between to hotel and my bank I called the hotel's accounting department. The staff there were extremely helpful, and corresponded directly with my bank to resolve the problem. I was very appreciative of their assistance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I found this hotel to be adequate. The bed was comfortable, the service was efficient and friendly, but overall there was no one thing that stood out as very good.

The guest room had a flat screen, a mini bar and lots of bed pillows. Two windows so lots of natural light. I never heard a peep from my neighbors so I slept well. I did have trouble with the desk lamp in my room, I couldn't get it to shut off I had to unplug it.

I had breakfast in the restaurant, a buffet breakfast that offered a lot of fruit so I was happy about that.

I also attended a meeting here, the meeting room was fine, but the banquet food was horrendous. They served a salad as an entree that has a pasta salad, chicken salad and shrimp salad. The chicken and the shrimp were swimming in dressing, the pasta had no dressing at all. The chicken and shrimp were not edible. I wish I had know the salad was the entree I would have loaded up on bread, alas I did not know and ended up hungry for the rest of the day. I would not book an event there after this experience.

I would return to the hotel if I had to be in the area but it is unlikely I would go back to this location as I don't typically visit golf resorts.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Omni Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our second stay at Barton Creek Resort and Spa and we very much enjoyed it. We booked the 'Romantic Retreat' package and enjoyed a beautiful room, 2 days of breakfast and 2 nights of dinner. The food was very good. Service was great - everyone was very friendly. They were even able to move us to a room with a fireplace for no extra charge, when we arrived. Cons: the lighting was not great in the bathroom (for makeup and things) and after the second night, my husband and I were extremely uncomfortable in the bed. I'm not sure if it was just too firm for us, or what, but we had a terrible night sleep. It was also a little more than I had wanted to spend - this was a special occasion, otherwise we definitely would not have chose to spend that much money. Other than that, we had a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is located in a very beautiful setting. The moment we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly valet staff. This was my first time staying at a resort and first time using a valet service. Wasn't quite sure how it all should work, but the staff never made us feel uncomfortable and when we asked questions they were more than willing to explain. The entire staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. I'm a very picky person when it comes to cleanliness and it lived up to my expectations on how clean a room should be. We could not find any local restaurants. If they were near, they must have been tucked away, so we ate at the hotel. The food was just okay for the price we paid, but no complaints with the food or service. I could see other people being very satisfied with the menu and food. This is just our opinion. I would have liked to have had more choices of dining outside of the hotel though. We were not in Austin long enough to get to know the area, so we didn't have time to explore other areas. We were there for a show at the One World Theatre. It is only 1/2 mile from the theatre, so that was a big plus. Overall it was a very nice and pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Sugar Land, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great resort for relaxing and staying in one place. Lot's of restaurant choices, great fitness center, beautiful grounds. I seen some reviews where people thought the layout was confusing. I loved the old style décor and non traditional hotel layout. It was like an adventure walking through hallways and finding gems like granite ballrooms and hidden nooks throughout the hotel. The club House suite is amazing. What a view! The fitness center is great.

Bozeman
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Wow, great service. Well trained and courteous from the reservations to the pro shop to wait staff. Kudos. Rooms was clean and well appointed and felt like we were staying in 5 star from the moment we arrived. Golf was terrific and breakfast buffet was too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#6 of 201 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,229 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!