I spent three days and nights here for a conference. It is billed as a resort but it is far from posh. The facility is extremely tired and dated. It is like a step back into the late 80s or early 90s. In fact it doesn't seem that the hotel has been remodeled or updated since the early 90s. Flight fixtures and mirrors in the rooms were loose and askew. Carpet is extremely old and dated. Beds have feather toppers that are so worn they have hard sticks of feathers that will poke you in the night.
Of most concern is the fact that there are numerous doors on ends of the property down totally dark pathways that are NOT locked in any fashion all night. These doors lead directly into hallways where rooms are located. Security is a distinct concern since someone could walk into the hotel without a key and without anyone seeing them or noticing.
The outlets in the room clearly predate the advent of electronic devices. To plug your devices in, you are forced to look for outlets throughout the room. Don't expect to be able to plug a phone in and to put on your bedside table.
Beware when pulling into the valet parking area. It is total chaos at certain times. It doesn't seem to be staffed properly and the staff that was there seems unable to handle the rush of arrivals.
The pool area was also disappointing and is not what it was billed to be. In terms of a "resort" pool it was very disappointing. I saw a pool at the low level hotel downtown Austin that had a much better and prettier pool than the pool at the Omni.
Overall the property would not be bad for a mid priced downtown hotel--but it is NOT resort quality.
If you want a resort go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Austin, Texas