“NICE!!”

Ranked #46 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“NICE!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beautiful place, gracious rooms, outstanding pool & surroundings! I was attending a conference, but brought my spouse along. We arrived a day early so we'd have more time to enjoy the resort and see some sites in Austin.

1 Thank LindaLovesTraveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Elgin, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff all went above and beyond, from the event planning team to the business center. I was delighted to have every need met promptly and professionally even with complicated event planning going on. The food was great, or corporate event was seamless and a huge hit with a Hill Country wine tasting, and the spa treatment was fabulous. Greg did my deep-tissue and even knew how to help with my TMJ. I travel frequently for work and I was impressed.

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very considerate of children, they have a play ground, we had milk and cookies waiting for us when we got to our room, the pool was nice, and the staff was extremely gracious. Our room was very large and comfortable. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

1 Thank Amanda W
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This was an awesome hotel. The facilities were great. Beautiful location It was an easy drive from the hotel to downtown Austin. We didn't play golf but they are known for that and the course looked beautiful. We had people that had never stayed there go back because the experience was so good and apparently not as expensive as one would think.

Stayed April 2014
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in a member's unit at this resort for a week and had a wonderful time. The customer service was excellent. Everyone who worked there was friendly, efficient and accommodating. The valet people always opened the doors to the main entrance with a smile and cheerful attitude. Even the Starbucks coffee servers were friendly and cheerful.
When I found a jumping, translucent spider in my bedroom, I called the office and they immediately sent over a very knowledgable man who sprayed and assured me the spider was not poisonous (I'm from the East Coast and not used to big, hopping spiders!). We had an interesting conversation about bugs and spiders--he knew all about my territory, including mosquito caused lyme disease & equine encephalitis. He was really reassuring and helpful.
The resort is beautifully situated in the rolling hills of Austin and we had lovely views from our decks. I was with my daughter and two young grandsons. We enjoyed the pool area but had a rough time one day with a rude guest who allowed her boy to roughhouse in the "kiddie pool," though he was too old for that area. He aggressively picked on my daughter's two year old, till he was crying and choking from the older boy splashing water repeatedly and directly in his face (he did it 3 times). Finally, my daughter had to pick up her son and asked the woman politely to "please" stop her boy from splashing water in her son's face at such close range, he couldn't get a breath. After the woman's very aggressive reaction (in my daughter's face), my daughter spoke to the poolside bartender, Nicholas, who responded perfectly and professionally to a delicate situation. Security arrived and they were solicitous, polite, and very helpful in an appropriate manner. Nicholas continued to check on us and our boys & gave them ice cream. He went out of his way to be nice. We felt the situation was handled very well by the resort employees and want to give a special thanks to Nicholas.
It is a great resort and it is the staff who truly make it wonderful. We will definitely rerun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia S
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you are a golf or tennis lover then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place to hold a meeting with your golf buddies, they have you covered. If you have disabilities, then you may have a few challenges with this resort. The lay out is on the hillside with the golf courses surrounding. The rooms and restaurants can be a bit of a walk depending where you are. The staff are friendly and helpful. Location is good if you are interested in visiting the Texas Hill Country.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Tyler, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We travel a lot and the Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin TX is one of the most outstanding resorts we have visited. The professional staff, quality service, golf and spa were all top notch. We would gladly recommend this resort to others.

1 Thank Thomas M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#6 of 201 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!