“Most luxurious resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Pinehurst, NC
“Most luxurious resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

This is a wonderful place to spend as much time as you want. Lots of things to do if not playing golf. Shopping malls nearby and Austin very close as well.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2010
Thank you for writing. We are so excited about the many incredible upgrades we are doing at the resort currently, the addition of 32 pieces of "state of the art" Precor Cardio equipment in the Fitness Center, the creation of our new Spa Relaxation Room with views of natural limestone created beneath ground level over the past couple of decades, a new 3,850 sq foot patio overlooking the accclaimed Fazio Foothills Course and "Eliza's ; a new Ladies Boutique, located off the main resort lobby. Come see us. James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

My husband & I spent 2/19 & 2/20 at this beautiful resort! He golfed & I hit the spa & we were both VERY happy! We can't wait to go back in the spring/fall as I know the grounds will be beautiful! I can't think of anything negative to say about this place. We loved it! Every staff member was extra friendly & Brooks at the front desk is the most professional "young" man I have encountered in a long time. What an asset he is! Check it out, you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your gracious note regarding Brooks who is one of the best of the best I have worked with over the past 23 years here. With a team of individuals like Brooks, we are able to excel in the area of personalized guest service. James
Huntington Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

We just returned from several days at the Barton Creek Resort and Spa in Austin booked through GTAHotels.com. GTAHotels is based in Turkey, so we had a 3% foreign currency transaction fee on our credit card but GTAHotels was very helpful answering our emails regarding details of booking. The resort fee was included in our rate. Before we arrived Barton Creek was also very helpful in answering our questions regarding our reservation. We were greeted with a handful of (real) deer in the front yard on the night of our check-in-very charming. Our entire stay was wonderful, with an unparalleled hot breakfast buffet with omelet station, a spotless fitness facility with every machine and weight you could ever wish for, a beautiful indoor pool (also an outdoor pool but weather was too cold to use), a spectacular view from our room and an entire resort filled with staff that was helpful and friendly at every turn. We had a small problem with our huge in-room flat screen TV one day and it was solved immediately. Barton Creek runs a first class operation and we will return there again. We do not golf, but I can say the courses looked fabulous and immaculate—as did the entire facility. It is rare to have a resort fulfill all your expectations and impossible to have one that redefines your expectations. Barton Creek did that for us—not a single weak point to report. The mini-bar is key operated so there's little chance of error. You'll need a car to get to Austin, but you'll end up spending more time than you planned to at this exquisite place. In-room internet is $10 additional per day if you want it, but your first 15 minutes in the Business Center is free each 24 hour period. Our check-out was as quick and smooth as check-in. If this is considered a five star resort, we give it 6 stars. GTAHotels is based in Turkey, so we had a 3% foreign currency transaction fee on our credit card but GTAHotels was very helpful answering our emails regarding details of booking. The resort fee was included in our GTAHotels rate.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BHWarch
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

From the time I arrived until I left I was treated like an honored guest. The concierge staff cheerfully greeted me, and the check-in was almost instantaneous with the clerk calling me by name. When I arrived at my huge corner room with a wraparound balcony and two French doors, one on each side, I found it to be clean, warm, and inviting. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom had all the supplies you would expect. I never heard any other guests while in my room, so the nights were peaceful, quiet, and sleep-inducing. I ate at the restaurant buffet for lunch and had dinner at the restaurant as well, and the food and service were great.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

We had a group of over 60 people that attended a business meeting there and we were a very demanding group. We had boxes of materials that were coming in from all over the country and Tanya in the business center was very helpful with organizing our boxes and shipping some back out after we were done with our meetings. Putting it in her hands made it easier for us to focus on our travels and meetings. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Dallas TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

This was my first stay at Barton Creek resort. It was more beautiful than the pictures. I arrived late on my first night's stay & it was raining. Checkin was so quick & prompt, but I was the only one in line. Upon entering my room, I noticed that it was very cold inside & I just thought that the heat wasn't turned on. I walked over to my balcony & noticed that the door was standing open. I called the front desk to voice my concern & they sent up an attendant & a manager. I didn't want to stay in this particular for security reasons & within 15 minutes the staff had moved me to another room. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous - interior design, furniture, etc. are so beyond comparision to any other hotel; not to mention all the live deer that are standing on both sides of the little lane that goes up to the hotel (I love animals).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

loved it. chilled out. spent 3 days shacked up here mini-golfing and swimming with my 5 year old. very family oriented. would have stayed longer but booked up. old, grandish hotel, great staff. could lose a week here without too much trouble. gym facilities first rate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 197 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,126 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!