Stayed here 4 nights on a golf package with a small group of friends. This was our first trip to Barton Creek and the experience was good enough that we would consider returning in a future year. The resort seems to do a robust group and wedding business based upon our stay, but the near constant presence of groups / events did not negatively impact our experience at all as they had the staff and space to accommodate everyone's needs. We had the benefit of a discount though a member so that may have impacted our perception of value - but compared to similar level resorts, we didn't feel that we got gauged at all save for a few nickel and dime things.
Rooms: are reasonably spacious (separate vanity outside of bath, larger than average closet and high ceilings all add to a sense of openness / space). I don't know if this is universally true, but odd number rooms seemed to have the better views from among our sample of 6 rooms.
Resort Amenities: The fitness facility was well equipped (cardio, free weights and weight machines all reasonably new, plus an aerobic studio, elevated running track and full access to a nice locker room (showers, steam , whirpool, lockers). Spa services were expensive, but in-line with what we've paid at similar resorts. Business center / services: There is a reasonably equipped business center and a couple of terminals to print out boarding passes, etc.. The internet connection fee / service was disappointing -- wireless access isn't available in some areas where you'd like it to be and there is a premium charge for broadband.
Dining: We did not eat dinner on property, but the lunch experience between rounds of golf was characterized by good food and service. The off-lobby lounge is a nice feature -- relaxing place to catch the end of a game on several TV's or play a game of pool while having a pre or post dinner drink. The lounge atmosphere was lively and fun for a suburban resort setting. Our package came with a daily breakfast buffet included: the buffet was extensive and the service excellent.
Golf: There are 4 courses that are associated with the resort; 2 directly on site; 1 that is about 2 miles down the road and a 4th that is close to 40 minutes drive. It is not the case that there are 1 or 2 premium courses and some duds -- any one of them is a very good experience. The policies with respect to course access and advance tee times (they rotate which courses are available for resort play from day to day) are less accommodating than other golf resorts we've visited. If you come for a short stay and have your heart set on playing a particular course -- that could end up being frustrating, but our stay was long enough that we were able to play all 4 with only modest compromises from our ideal schedule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Austin, Texas