Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$212
austinmotel.com
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$114
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$126
Hotels.com
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$205
US$194
2,199 results
All reviewshill countrygreat golfnature trailtennis courtsgolf courses arefazio foothillsindoor poolbeautiful propertybell stafffitness centerbreakfast buffetbusiness conferenceself parkingaustin areaweddingvalettexas
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This hotel is average and not worth the price you will pay. However, there are limited places to stay in the Westlake area of Austin so I did not want to pay for a taxi nor did I want to be downtown during ACL weekend. The staff was okay and mostly under the age of 25. The bar and room service both end at 1:00 and you cannot check-in to the hotel past 1:30 so if you are coming in from out of town, plan to arrive early. I will say though that this resort has one of the most golf courses and the location is breathtaking. Another thing is you are mixed with the country club members and those staying at the hotel and its just kind of an uncomfortable mix of people. The members make you feel like you are not welcome. Now, I hjope your still reading because the was the WORST PART of our trip...When we were at their 8212 Wine & Bar Club, my best friends husband found a plastic looking hinge in his burger and pulled it out of his mouth!!!!! The waiter told us it must have come off a plastic bag they use for portions. But I mean how do you miss that in a burger!?!? Then she (a platinum blonde) found a black hair wrapped around her french fry! So if you do decide to stay here, skip this restaurant. Oh and they did NOT comp is meal.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

I appreciated the constructive feedback provided by this past guest below and follow up regarding the unexpected items that were served in our 8212 Wine Bar & Grill. Our goal is always to provide the highest level of food & beverage quality throughout the resort.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

Barton Creek is a great getaway. Everything from the rooms to the restaurants to the golf courses are top-notch. Add to this the exceptional service provided by the Resort staff, and Barton Creek becomes a great place to vacation. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

The resort appreciates this very nice review as it relates to the level of service and golf course quality on all four championship golf courses at Barton Creek.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

We live in Austin but opted to stay the night at BCR for our wedding night instead of home. There was a 2 night minimum which we thought was a waste of money since we live here, so we worked it out and was able to schedule manicures instead of staying the extra night. The morning of the wedding, the girls and I met up and got our manicures. Not impressed. One girl received only a polish change, but of course I was charged full price (didn't find out till later that this happened.) Nice ladies, but that's about it. My assistant had scheduled a quick lunch at their grill weeks prior. We popped over there right at opening time and they hadn't gotten a large table together. The hostess even noted that they were expecting us. They knew we were on a time crunch, but still took their time. It took over an hour to get our food. We were their first customers. The night of the wedding, we were expecting a quick check-in, but it seemed like they didn't even know we were showing. Why have reservations? Once we got into our room, we were expecting a 4-star deluxe suite. Nope... not what we got. Is this all that Austin has to offer for luxury?! The suite was 2 regular rooms converted into a large suite.The bathroom wasn't even touched. Small for $450/night. The bathroom, which we thought would be large was simple. There was a sink inside the room just outside the bathroom. The bathtub was your typical shower/bath combo. Which unfortunately was covered in soap scum and a dead roach. Overall not impressed. Waste of money. Waste of a good first night as husband and wife. Thanks BCR!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheSzotts

I was disappointed to read the review above regarding the issues that our newly weds experienced on what is always meant to be a very happy and joyous time. We will reach out to this couple in order to speak with them. It continues to be very important to ensure that all of our guests have a very pleasant experience with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed here on business for one night and the hotel was fine. The hotel is 10-15 min from downtown. I had to make a trip downtown and they charge $17.00 oneway. I thought this was too expensive for this hotel.
I was disapointed with the spa. The locker room looked like it belonged in a high school. The gym is ok but nothing great...they didn't even give you a bottle of water.
I did get a massage and the masseuse wouldn't stop talking! To make matters worse he/she was talking about POLITICS...I could careless about who he or she is going to vote for! Word to management is to tell your staff to that a massage is suppose to be relaxing.
I have been to many spas around the world and this was one of the worst spa experiences I have ever had. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM SPA!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

The resort apologizes to this past guest for the situation at the Spa during the massage appointment. The individual in question that performed the service understand the importants of providing a peacful and tranquil setting. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

My wife and I decided to make a quick trip down to Austin to unwind and allow the kids some grandparent time. The hotel is located in Hill Country and the grounds are well kept and beautiful. We came to relax and spend some quality time together.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool service/beverage service outside and the gold course was quite nice. The breakfast buffett was good and the staff were very friendly.
Our room was comfortable and the beds were really nice to sleep in.
Our only complaint was the spa. The steam room and whirlpool in the womens area were not working. My wife did not complain but was frustrated that it lacked the normal essentials of a true spa. The massages we had were good and the staff were again friendly. There is just not too much to the spa other than a smaller version of Lifetime Fitness with bathrobes.
I would come again for golfing and for the nice views. I wouldnt come here for the spa.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

The resort thanks this well travelled couple for its overall favorable review on their trip to the resort. One of the highlights of the new "Three Springs Spa" is the naturally created limestone wall within Tranquility, a relaxation room which is enjoyed by our spa guests before and after an exceptional array of great body treatments, massages and facials. All is well too in the Ladies Steam and Jacuzzi amentiies which we apologize were unavailable during this past guest's visit.