“Best place to buy groceries ever”
Review of Central Market

Central Market
Ranked #5 of 104 Shopping in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Huge supermarket specializing in rare foods.
Cape Coral, Florida
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Best place to buy groceries ever”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Love love love central market. I travel all around for work, and I have never experienced such a great grocery store. I think that by far, Austin wins when it comes to wonderful grocery shopping, but central market makes it a definite win. I love that they have a huge selection of everything. I have never gone in and not found what I needed.
I also love their bulk area where I can get as much or as little of just about anything.
I wish I could transport central market with me everywhere I go. Until then, I guess I'll just enjoy it while in Austin.

2 Thank Kimberly F

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Back Home!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having lived in Baltimore for the last year, I have been longing for Central Market. Thank goodness I can load up my suitcase with things I bought routinely in Texas but absolute cannot find in Baltimore. Please HEB, read this and expand!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank LizaG
Pasadena
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, and Central Market”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Here is a grocery store that lives up to the hype, even exceeds it. Add tourist destination as well. For those who have marveled at the food halls of London, Paris, Berlin or Queen Victoria Market Melbourne, or Zabar's on the Upper West Side New York, here is a worthy competitor, the first Central Market Austin. On offer 700-800 cheeses, 25 apple varieties, 9 pears, 300 plus beers and ales, a 50 foot plus counter of sea foods, over 100 mustards. An in house bakery, 22 olive choices.
Cafe on the Rum offers an encyclopedia of freshly prepared ready to eat or cook selections. An embedded restaurant as well with open air seating under the trees, sometimes supplemented by live music. Where ever the eyes wonders, most will marvel at what they see and what is available for purchase. Spend and hour or two looking, you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank CalinCa
Palo Alto, California
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“A museum of food, that one can touch and eat”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Not to be missed as a Destination thing to do when in Austin. One can also dine in the restaurant there, and get food to go that is prepared, and food to go already assembled that is to cook for one serving and maybe up to four.
This is one of the first things I want to do in Austin.
My whole visit can take a such as the average time one spends in a museum, which is 1 1/2 hours.
I always take home their coatings, for example, the macadamia nut coating for chicken or fish!
Then there are always great sample of new products,besides sightings of things you have never seen even if you are an established foodie.

Visited March 2014
North, South Carolina
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Cooking with humor”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a cooking class coordinated by the UT Ransom Center staff in conjunction with the excellent World War I exhibit being held at the Ransom Center. Chef Louis combined humor, skill, and delicious ingredients to treat the participants to an informative class plus a wonderful lunch with traditional WWI dishes and special wines. An unusual and unique way to celebrate and highlight a phenomenal exhibit. Wonderful collaborative effort by Central Market cooking school and Ransom Center

Visited March 2014