“Excellent hotel.”

Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I come from Slovakia and stayed here with my wife 3 days. At first I was very satisfied with the hotel staff. Manager and receptionists were very kind, caring and willing to help especially with my problems. Rooms were absolutely clean, perfectly cleaned every day. Hotel is very quiet, has a superb location close to the airport and you can also use maintenance of swimming pool.

People who enjoy a pleasant atmosphere and nice staff, here find exactly what were looking for.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
aadsantos, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear NorbertSLOVAKIA,

Thank you for your great review of our property and staff. I amm glad that your experience with us was a great one.

Your comments were shared with the staff and they were truly honored to have provided for you and your wife a clean room and great customer service.

We all look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Excellent place to stay. Five -10 minutes to the airport via hotel shuttle. Staff was extremely efficient and helpful about places to eat. We had a King Room which was a very big room, nice accommodations and also a large bathroom. Nice to also have fridge and microwave. Laundry on site was also a nice thing to have, which we took advantage off. Was very surprised to see that when we took the 5 a.m. shuttle the next morning, that breakfast was already made. This ususally doesn't happen this early in the morning. Nice to have for those who want to eat. Would highly recommend and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank 95carjar
aadsantos, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear 95carjar,

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. It always give me great pleasure whenever I read comments like yours. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

As a member of Best Western Hotel Brand, the world’s largest hotel chain, we are proud to be a part of premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so steadfastly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words and we are looking forward to having you with us in your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I had an early morning flight so we decided to come in town the day before. I found the Best Western Airport on another site and it looked nice and had good ratings. . The hotel is very clean, nice rooms and located close to the Airport! Got a great rate... Very nice and will stay here again when coming through Austin.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank pwitcher2

Dear pwitcher2,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words and we are looking forward to having you on your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a nice hotel overall and conveniently located near the Austin airport. It's newer and feels like it. High points--room was very clean, breakfast was plentiful and started at 5AM (much appreciated), staff was friendly and helpful for local recommendations, noise from the hallway and other rooms seemed to be reasonably contained and quiet. Hotel offers an outdoor pool and fitness center although I didn't use either one. Low points--The biggest issue I experienced is the complete lack of lighting everywhere! My room needed every light on high just for adequate lighting and it was still difficult to determine sock colors, etc.. Bathroom was horribly lit (good luck if you're a woman and need to put on make-up in a well-lit area). The absolute worst lighting was in the breakfast dining area. In the AM when it's still dark outside, the only light is provided by a handful of pendant lights, of which none are actually located over the food area (you really need to get uncomfortably close to see what you're putting on your plate). Also, as mentioned by others, the parking area is a strange two-level set-up that is tight if the hotel is full. I would still consider this hotel for future travel because of the location, room cleanliness, bed quality (excellent), and front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor near the entrance may hear quite a bit of noise as the dining area in centr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear DarylA,

We at Best Western PLUS Austin Airport Inn and Suites pride ourselves on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff, room cleanliness and breakfast offerings.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms matched with complimentary breakfast at an affordable price that guests would want to come back to.

I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. Be assured that we are working on replacing the lighting in the bathroom and breakfast area.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This Best Western is one of the newer lodgings near the Austin airport. It's acceptable for a night's stay when arriving later into Austin or having an early departure the next day. However, I cannot imagine staying here longer than that. The room has a spartan feel, and the whole interior of the building has a depressive feel due to the dark, drab green walls. The room could benefit from better lighting, and the wall colors add to the problem making it difficult to see inside one's suitcase. I was surprised by the height of the sink vanity being so high, especially if children were staying here; and the towels were rather scratchy.
The buffet breakfast had good variety with surprisingly good, make it yourself waffles in addition to yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, and cereals. Breakfast starts as early as 5:30 am which is convenient for an early flight.
Although another credit card had been given to the clerk upon check-in for charges, the bill was charged to the card that had been used when making the reservation. This delayed check-out in the morning, as charges had to be reversed on one card and then put onto the other card.
It should be noted that you will probably need a car if going out for some meals, as there isn't a restaurant that is in walking distance without crossing a major highway undergoing construction. And the local dining options consist of a fast food taco bar, a waffle house, and Denny's.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back may be a bit quieter as there are fewer cars parked there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear lan2nj,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and appreciate our breakfast offering.

Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.

I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

First off, this was a nice, quiet & clean hotel. We booked one of the suites on the bottom floor and enjoyed the spacious room. The rooms and lobby of this new hotel are all furnished with modern fixtures and wall paint. The beds are quite comfortable and, had we not been traveling with our five month old infant, I would have slept like the dead (because I know that the phrase "sleep like a baby" is completely misleading). The air conditioner rattled a bit, which may annoy some, but had I been less tired, I may have had maintenance tighten up the cover. Basically, it was a non-issue and our stay in our room was very enjoyable. Our room also included the standard mini coffee maker and hair dryer but, also had a microwave and mini fridge. Great for business travelers and families with children who need to refrigerate drinks or snacks. The lobby does have a few offerings of drinks and snacks, just in case you are in need of a drink immediately.

Next, the continental breakfast buffet had a surprising variety of options to choose from. They offered: eggs, sausage, ham, fresh waffles you grill yourself (in the shape of texas!!!), cereal, fruit, an assortment of breakfast pastries, yogurt, milk, juice and coffee with a variety of flavored coffee syrups. It was much better than many of the other hotel continental breakfasts I'd seen in a while. Best part is it was completely complimentary.

Also, there is a work-out room. I was way too exhausted to attempt to exercise but, I peeked in the room to check it out. This work-out room isn't anything to write home about however, if you like to do some cardio they have a treadmill and an elliptical plus a weight training tower (completely blanked on the name of that machine. I apologize). It is roomy enough for probably 3-4 people at one time.

Lastly, the girl at the front desk, who seemed to be there on back to back shifts, was personable and helpful. We had to replace our tv remote and she helped us get it resolved.

One of the few cons to the place is that the parking lot is in desperate need of additional spaces. We came on the weekend to watch our favorite football team play (hook 'em!) and, needless to say, we had to create our own parking space. Also, I was not crazy about the water pressure. I'm all for water conservation but, just a bit more pressure would be great. The pool, which we didn't have time to swim in, is on the smaller side. Even during the busy weekend when parking spaces were in high demand, there weren't many swimmers and I believe it would be comfortable for any one wishing to swim, as this hotel is geared more toward business travelers. Lastly, if you're looking to be close to the Austin scene, this hotel isn't for you. It is closer to the airport and a bit secluded but, despite that, we were only ~15 mins away from the stadium.

All in all, our family had a great experience at this hotel and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
aadsantos, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear A_taylor83,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received helpful service - special touches are what we pride ourselves here at Best Western PLUS Austin Airport Inn and Suites.

Our staff is always pleased to receive positive feedback from guests so I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Front Desk Representative.

Whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Adelle Agnes D. Santos, CHA
Best Western PLUS Austin Airport Inn and Suites

Reviewed 2 September 2013

There is one lady at the front desk that is wonderful. I wish she ran the hotel. The manager is not very friendly she talk to who she want to very unprofessional. They let intoxication guest do whatever that want your not safe. The housekeeper have to be told how to clean your room. Really!! I think the hotel when it first open it was nice now is terriable. They don't even try to accommodate you if there a problem. They said you get what you pay for. I will never come back should have went to the Holiday Inn at least that don't put up with foolish.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank elita1028
aadsantos, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear elita1028,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western PLUS Austin Airport Inn and Suites and for the feedback regarding the areas we could have improved.

I was sorry to hear you found our hotel not the same caliber as they have been in the past. I also wanted to apologize for the disturbance you experienced with the next door guest.

I am likewise sorry to hear you felt ignored by me; please be assured that it has been my goal to mingle and establish a family-like relationship with all of our guest.

It is always especially disappointing to lose a loyal guest like you, so I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in Best Western.

Again, please accept my apologies and hopefully, you will visit us again soon; we look forward to having you!

Adelle Agnes D. Santos, CHA