“A good stay without problem”

Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Chambon-sur-Voueize, France
“A good stay without problem”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Previous Best Western experience had been bad (hotel without window in New Orleans). So this was the first stay in a BW since this incident. At checkin, we joked with the BW staff about the windows in the room. "Of course, you have windows in the room." The person was very efficient and pleasant. Admittedly the stay had no issue except for a rather noisy fridge (somebody should go in the business of selling quiet fridges to hotels). The wifi worked very well. A bit more smiling on checkout from the staff would have been nice, but altogether a good stay without problem.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Niceville, FL
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hotel was new, clean, comfortable, staff was amazing. Free breakfast was excellent. Great selection. Dining area was inviting and clean. Hotel is in great location. Close to airport, shopping, downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, rooms were very nice and seemed renovated, and breakfast was decent and everything was comfy, I also saw that they have airport shuttle which I did not use.
I did not get a suite as I ordered , just a regular room, so double check that if you ordered a suite (I only noticed it upon checkout).
My only complaint is that one of the staff members (didn't get her name) was not very polite, kept telling me that she cannot give me a receipt, but she will check later and email it to me, I did not like this answer as I need the receipt for my expense report, but she kept saying the same thing , didn't even check, and was very eager to get me out of the hotel ASAP.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

It's a Best Western Plus airport hotel, so don't expect anything super fancy. It's a good hotel, clean, and very close to the airport (and the Parking Spot). I had a rental car so proximity wasn't an issue, but if you won't have a car, be aware that as other said, there isn't a restaurant within walking distance. The Austin City Best Western Plus is probably your best bet if you don't have a car.

Next, the "suites" aren't really worth extra. You get a small couch and chair... Nothing else that makes it a "suite."

Main complaint: the water pressure is terrible. It barely sprinkled out of the shower.

Second complaint: there's no water served at breakfast!! Pretty ridiculous. What about people who are trying to stay hydrated??

They'll try to sell you a bottle of smart water for $3, and there's no vending machines either.

I usually stay at the Hyatt because of the proximity to downtown, the view, and the places I usually need to be, so that said, the only reason I would stay here again is if I had to (as I did this time because every hotel was full).

All in all, it's a good basic hotel. Don't expect a lot, but it is what it is.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joey P
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 December 2013

When we arrived and checked in - we went to our room. The house keepers still had their supplies in the room and the beds were not made. We went back to the front desk and they moved us rooms. We eventually found stains in our bedding, but it was too late for us to care.

The hotel is located in a decent area for day time people- but at night everything closes early. We asked the staff at the hotel for suggestions or recommendations but they had no clue about anything in the area.

We tried to order pizza from several places and were told that after a certain time of night they do not deliver to that location.

Overall, it was pretty clean, decent price, and we had no major issues.

We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I thought it was really clean and very nicely furnished. I would recommend it and would definitely stay there again. I trusted the good reviews. It was much better than I normally think of for a best western.

• Stayed December 2013
Houston, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Pros: Big clean rooms, not far from city center, nice staff. Cons: Bad sound isolation in room, poor breakfast, crowded parking, beds are too soft - bad for your back. Not what you expect from 3 star hotel. More like a 2 star and not the best one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family