W Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
US$224
InterContinental
US$307
US$275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
1,268 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productscorner suiteliving roomhip hotelmoody theaterchocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonslady bird lakehotel barheart of downtownlive musictown lakevalet parkingfitness centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The detail this hotel gave us during their busiest time of year max'ed beyond my expectations. They really had me as I entered the lobby. Upon check-in, the friendly front desk upgraded us to an amazing suite because it was my husband's birthday. During our stay, they would provide fun snacks, swag and little details to make us feel comfy. While we were guests, we dined at the hotel restaurant - great service and food. We also were given a lift to SoCo with their complimentary Acura service, too. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. If you are considering a hotel while visiting Austin, def make your reservation with the W.

Room Tip: Amazing tub with a city view in the suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is a very trendy location, that said, it is a great hotel. Service perfect from valet to bell staff to housekeeping and front desk crew. I must say that I did feel like a chaperone in the bar at night, but the atmosphere was wonderful, lots of eye candy for everyone, good music and great drinks(not cheap, good value!). Overall a wonderful stay with friends in downtown. W still has the best beds in the industry!

Room Tip: The river view is better, the city view is generic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review of the W Austin. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your stay, and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed overnight earlier this month for our 10th anniversary and it was lovely. The staff really know how to take care of their guests. I would suggest hopping down to Blue Ribbon grocers and picking up some nibbles and kicking back in the spa/lounge. What a treat! My only complaint was that the bathtub was kind of dirty and I had to call down for soap and didn't get any so had to wash with facial soap. My Bliss amenity pack was two short of a six pack ;( I'd come back to the spa though..very nice.

Room Tip: I have a Delta amex and they usually upgrade your room. I wanted a tub so I declined the upgrade, but it was good that it was an option.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Hello, and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. Thank you for your feedback, and bringing some of the service and cleanliness issues you experienced to my attention. This attention to detail is something my team strives for, so I appreciate your feedback. I would very much like to learn more about the specifics of your stay so that I may follow-up with my team. If you would be open to discussing further, I can be reached at 512-542-3633 or drew.mcquade@whotels.com

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at the W for a business reward trip. First, the good. The rooms have a charging station with a cord for every type of device, which was great. Also, the gym is the best I've been to at a hotel. It has everything one needs for a complete workout.

Unfortunately, though, we encountered multiple issues with reservations, the staff and the room itself. We had decided to stay an extra night after the conference to spend another day exploring Austin. When we reserved the room we were guaranteed a group rate. At checkout they tried to charge us $300 more than the guaranteed rate. Derrick, the manager, was extremely condescending and would not even listen when we tried to talk to him about the situation. The hotel had already messed up our initial reservation (it wasn't just us, it was multiple people they did this too with the company) and offered us two free drinks (the hotel that is....not Derrick) for all the troubles, which was nice. When we went to check in, they tried to make us change rooms to two queens rather than the king we reserved because they were starting to run low. Rather than asking us if it would be okay, they told us that we would be changing and it wasn't until we insisted on our original reservation room type that they agreed. The rooms themselves were not well maintained. We had a problem with gnats in our bed! And the beds were not made up well and the sheets kept coming undone with the mattress being exposed each night. Plus, the lighting was very dark which made getting ready in the bathroom an annoyance. Some friends of ours had to change rooms because of a strong vomit odor in their room too.

I even listened to a woman at the spa desk completely ignore a customer and talk rudely to her once she gave her the time of day. Sine when did staying at a modern and upscale hotel mean the staff should be cold, condescending and too good for the guests? We have stayed multiple times at Lost Pines and also at Barton Creek. I would highly recommend both of those hotels, but we will never return to a W again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mamaofthreechickies

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. My apologies for the reservation frustration you experienced and the negative encounters you had with our team. We strive for superior customer service experiences for all guests, so would very much welcome the opportunity to learn more about your visit so that I may address the issues with my team. Should you be open to discussing your stay further, I would welcome the feedback. I can be reached at drew.mcquade@whotels.com or 512-542-3633.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Great health club! Great Location! Rooms are okay.... No drawers, just three little baskets and a bit cramped. Why would the minibar food take up so much space on top of the table when it is clearly needed for people to use. I was also surprised that there was a charge for the Internet -- With what the price of the room is.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hello, and thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the W Austin. I appreciate the feedback regarding the in-room drawers. Additionally, I did want to let you know that we offer complimentary internet services in our public Living Room space that we invite you to enjoy on your next visit. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.