1,312 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productsliving roomcorner suitemoody theaterhip hotelchocolate covered strawberrieslounge arealady bird lakefour seasonsheart of downtownlive musicvalet parkingfitness centerconciergecabana
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have stayed at the W Austin many times when we used to live in Dallas but never wrote a review.
Have since moved to downtown Austin and thought we'd never stay here again, but we loaned our place out to our girls for the weekend so decided to spend the weekend here. Just a reminder how great it is! From the friendly doorman, to the efficient check-in, to the happening bar, to the comfortable and lovely rooms, this hotel just gets it right. I would request a city view; I may have been hearing distant train noise in the night last night and don't recall that ever being the case before. Walking distance to fantastic restaurants and Lady Bird Lake. There is a theater behind the hotel with lots of cool concerts; no bad seats in the house.

Room Tip: If available, choose a city side room that is high up.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I live in Austin and when wife and I need a quick "staycation" this is our spot. Management has always taken care of us and staff has always been nothing but polite and accommodating. Great location with plenty of nightlife right there in the hotel.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned. Do book well in advance if possible as rates do jump if trying to book last minute.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First thing to note is that the hotel is a party hotel. Numerous guests stay up late to party and stumble back to their rooms at the crack of dawn. Hotel staff handles noise complaints decently, though it required multiple complaints before action was really taken. All in all a great hotel in a wonderful location, but my wife and I probably will note stay again just because of the type of loud partying guests that frequent this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I absolutely love your hotel - we came here for our 23rd anniversary tonight and were just thrilled to get away from our five kids. Erin, in your pool area, made it a really special night by taking notice that we were celebrating a special night and made arrangements to have a cake and bottle of champagne sent to our room with a personal note wishing us Happy Anniversary.

She is a truly special person who she be praised and rewarded for making our special night such a very special evening. By the way, we never get away form home, so it was extra special. Thank you, for hiring such incredible staff, like Erin. What an an incredibly thoughtful person!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Hello Mike, thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so thrilled to hear that Erin and our team were able to make your anniversary stay more memorable. We look forward to celebrating with you again soon. Thank you again for the feedback.

Warm Regards,
Drew McQuade

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary here and everything couldn't have been more perfect! A special thank you to concierge, Tony ,for helping me set up a surprise for my husband and especially for going out of your way to accommodate my wish for sparkling cider. We dropped our car off with Justin in valet and he was nice enough to help us with our luggage as well. Check-in with John at the front desk was very pleasant. He answered every question we had and he put us in an awesome room overlooking the lake. Everything was clean, comfy, and we thought the "minibar/snack area" in the room was the coolest thing! We both had a nice laugh at the pre-packaged pleasure kit. Very smart idea. The pool area was full of very entertaining and intoxicated young people, the bar was great-our only complaint is the shallowness of the pool. After enjoying a nice dip we headed downstairs for dinner. Our experience at Trace was top notch. Gabi, the hostess, let us sit where we pleased and upon hearing we were spending a special weekend brought us over some champagne. Mary waited our table and she was very friendly, engaging us in conversation and helping us choose the perfect meal. We had grilled octopus, wild game, and K1 strip. The secret to the food here is everything on the dish must be eaten together to fully enjoy the experience. The flavors were, as my husband put it, "an orgasm in your mouth." Kudos to the chef-they have a true gift for taste. At the end of our meal we were surprised once more with an amazing chocolate dessert. It was the perfect ending to one of the best dinners we have ever had!
After an amazing sleep we had breakfast at Trace once more before our departure. We were waited on by Prometheus, who was very professional and attentive. He never let us see the bottom of our coffee cups and that was awesome! As we headed out to valet our car was promptly brought up to us by Alex. He wished us a nice trip home and an invite to return. We had such a fantastic time we will definitely be coming back,
Thank you again to everyone who made our anniversary extra special!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary stay and that my team was able to make it memorable for you and your husband. I'm also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Trace, and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Chef Lawrence and team. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to celebrating again with you soon!

Warm Regards,