“We will go again next year!”
Review of W Austin

W Austin
Ranked #20 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Nice atmosphere, beautiful rooms, great meeting space, very friendly helpful staff. Very well located in the city to reach restaurants and places on 6th street easily. My group will go again for our 2014 conference!

1  Thank Tagungsveranstalter
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 13 September 2013

One of the best W hotels I've stayed at over the years. It is located downtown with great proximity to 6th street. The service was excellent and the fitness center was great. I would be happy working out on a regular basis at the fitness center there. The pool area was great and wish I had more time to enjoy it.

My only criticisms are the lobby was a little too dark and smallish compared to other W hotels. Also, the bathrooms were clean, but the shower was a little old and could be updated.

I'll certainly stay here next time I'm in Austin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I came here for a bachelorette party getaway and the W Austin was well worth it. I'm a gold member, so they upgraded us to the top floor (great view of the river) and gave us complimentary wine since we were celebrating! The rooms were sleek and modern. The floor was quiet. We were highly entertained by the changing of the floor mats in the elevator lobby from "good morning" to "good afternoon". it's those little things that make the W a nice place to say. At night the bar gets crazy. Lots of partying going on, so if you expect a quiet lobby atmosphere, don't stay here. TIP: Book the Audi car service. They'll take you anywhere within a 15 minute driving distance for free. Saves money on taxi and parking!

Room Tip: Book the Audi car service. They'll take you anywhere within a 15 minute driving distance for fre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I just want to send my sincere thank you to the team at W Austin and wholeheartedly recommend this property.

My room (Cool Corner Suite using a suite night upgrade), my welcome chocolate chip cookies, the front desk team – all were spectacular.

I stay at W Hotels frequently, so appreciate the vibe and style. This property is among the best in the chain. It’s stylish, but also very functional and comfortable. I’m looking forward to many return visits as this is now my “go to” “must stay” property in Austin.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are wonderful
1  Thank drosen85
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently moved to Dallas and wanted to do something special for our 15th wedding anniversary. So we headed to Austin to explore.
We really enjoyed the W in Austin it was clean, beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue is the pool is really crazy during the day, and it is with ADULTS (Spring break in the SUMMER), which would have been great, if we didn't have our kids on the trip with us. We ended up visiting the pool at Barton Springs and the kids were able to experience the HUGE outdoor pool (it was only about 5 mins away). That evening we enjoyed a great meal at Trace and then the awesome staff Richard (the doorman) set up a petty cab to take us to a kid friendly yogurt shop. Richard made sure the petty cab gave us a nice tour and took great care of us.

We all enjoyed our stay and the petty cab/yogurt was a hit with the kids, since they couldn't go in the beautiful pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela S
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and exploring Austin. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Rarely have i had a disappointing experience at a W. This is no exception. Location is great. They gym is huge and really outstanding. After reading some reviews i was expecting the pool to be a total party scene (they even sent a pre-arrival email that seemed to warn of this). Our room overlooked the pool and the scene seemed pretty tame to me. There were also no noise problems as I've seen on other reviews. Lobby bar 'living room' areas were awesome. Room was good, only complaint was that the bathroom/shower area had no door (it was open to the bedroom area). It looks cool, but my wife hates this, she want's to be alone when she gets ready. Overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. I am glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was the organizer of a bachelor party weekend at the W and it was superb. I couldn't have asked more of the hotel. Big thanks to Jake in sales and Nicole at the concierge desk for their help. They were AWESOME in helping me prep for the big weekend.

The rooms were great. I roomed with one other guy and we were fine with the shower being exposed to the hallway of the room. But if that is something that you're not good with...you can call and they will put a curtain up for you.

The pool is great. We rented a cabana on Saturday and had a great time. The service was great. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of our waitress. But she and the entire pool staff were very accommodating...including the bartenders and security. I wouldn't advise having a young family pool day at the pool at the W...but to be honest it wasn't that crazy. Reading previous reviews...I thought it was going to be a bit more crazier than it turned out to be...which was fine. It turned out to be a fun and relaxing day at the pool.

I can't comment on parking or room service as I didn't use those services.

But I can say the Living Room Bar was great. We went there the final night. I wish we had spent more time there. It turned out to be the best dance party in town.

The hotel is in a great location. We walked everywhere...except for a longer excursion to go tubing (which was hooked up by Nicole).

All in all...a great place. I wouldn't necessarily recommend for a family...but it's a fine place for couples of any age who like to have fun. It is a little pricey...but if it's within your budget...I would highly recommend.

Again...big thanks to Jake and Nicole.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Bachelor Party experience and that Jake and Nicole were able to assist in the planning. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again soon!