W Austin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
1,267 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productscorner suiteliving roomhip hotelmoody theaterchocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonslady bird lakehotel barheart of downtownlive musictown lakevalet parkingfitness centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Checkin: Great service as always. One complaint; they have a very small lobby which, when hosting a conference, can mean it's difficult to get through the crowds to get to the elevators.

Rooms: Lovely, clean, that usual high standard. My bathroom had a small shower with a small, but very deep tub. This was surprisingly lovely, except for the fact it was so high it was difficult to get in and out of. A step maybe? Also the towels were a little rough and stringy.

Room service: Surprisingly bad experience. 22% service charge, with a $4 delivery fee. My burger and fries was $20+. Insane. The burger was way overcooked and the fries were cold. Expected a lot more from a W, it's hard to get burger and fries wrong.

Location: Excellent and convenient for getting around.

Bedroom: Really comfortable bed. I was in room 1221, and I didnt hear a sound sound for my whole three nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback about your stay. My sincerest apologies for your underwhelming in-room dining experience and room type dissatisfaction. For any future reservation requests or if you’d like to discuss your recent stay, I invite you to contact me at 512-542-3633 or gmwaustin@whotels.com and I would be happy to explore various room options with you that you might enjoy more.

Thank you again for your feedback, I appreciate it. I hope to connect soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The W Austin is a mixed property of residences and hotel, thus the the lower floors are reserved for the Hotel up to floor 16. The property features a variety of accommodations, this time around I was upgraded using a Starwood Suites night award to a Corner Room Suite. The Suite features a living room with a large L shaped couch, large working desk (uncomfortable desk chair) that runs into the open bathroom (Sink, Shower Stall, Soaking Tub) and a separate toilet area and the corner of the Suite is the bedroom area. As you would expect at the W the style is Contemporary however in this property not always functional. Example the bedroom which is tight for space and has no draw space in the night stands, nor the closet that contains just two baskets. Special lighting is abound in the Suite with bed board lights, and shelf lights in the living room that add a nice softer touch /glow . The sinking tub is always a welcome touch, and overlooks downtown Austin via a larger picture window next to it. The suite was well maintained/cleaned however when they serviced it for my stay they forgot to replenish /replace wash cloths, shampoo, water. Enough on the suite lets talk about the rest of the hotel property...Arrival was good with dropping my car off with the Valet /Wheels staff, and welcome desk offered a friendly caring touch. The rest of the property is laid out such that it is a maze ...The "Cafe" is located in the living room area (this is where continental breakfast is served and cocktails/snacks later in the day) it fills up fast especially in the evening and has adjacent to it a library room. A bar is also off these two rooms called SIP and a restaurant behind it called Trace. I did have breakfast daily at Trace which had a good full breakfast offering , although the service was spotty my second visit despite being one of only a few customers there. The Fit gym is large and complete in offering a great work out experience. As it was very cold during my stay did not take advantage of the pool areas which are expansive. As a loyal lifetime SPG Platinum guest I have visited many other W properties and would rate this as average at best, and question the real value paid for a luxury hotel which to me is not to experience concerns, omissions, shortcomings, etc. The wow factor was just not there and doubtful that I would return to this property. They are building a new JD Marriott downtown Austin perhaps that will drive more competition......

Room Tip: Request highest floor possible and lake view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. We appreciate feedback from all guests and especially yours as a valued member of our SPG family. My sincerest apologies for the service issues you experienced at Trace, as superior customer service is something we strive for. I'm disappointed to hear that your stay was not what you are accustomed to and would very much like to hear more so that I may address with my team. Should you be open to discussing your stay further, I can be reached at 512-542-3633 or GMWAustin@whotels.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to connecting.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was staying at the W a couple of weeks ago and ended up having to go to the ER for a minor emergency before travleing back home. THANK YOU to Nicole and Justin for all of your help getting me checked out of my room and my luggage to the hospital. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I felt like they truly cared and not something they "had" to do. Regardless of the fact this was an extreme situation, it's just another example of the great experience I have every time I've stayed there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that Nicole and Justin were able to assist during your stay while you were with us. I am also glad to hear that you are on the mend, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I selected this hotel because I am familiar with the area and know the bar downstairs is great, and it is walking distance to most nightlife in Austin. However, I felt like I was in a cheaper ALOFT hotel. It wouldn't be a bad thing, if I wasn't paying W prices. The space saving layout was reminiscent of a cruise ship... not a comfortable amount of space for a landlocked bathroom in Texas. That being said, I would recommend saving your money and staying at a 3-4 star hotel and using your savings on 6th street... or even the bar downstairs!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. My sincerest apologies that your room size wasn't to your satisfaction, we appreciate the feedback. Should you choose to stay with us again, please do let us know and we'd be happy to understand your stay needs and see if another room type is more to your satisfaction. I can be reached at 512-542-3633 or GMWAustin@whotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Dropped in to the Living Room, Sativa greeted me with a smile and said, "I'll be right with you!" Had my fabulous drink in an instant, pork belly with steamed buns soon followed! Delicious, I'm a out-of-towner and I must say hospitality was second to none, Thanks to Tiffany and Sativa

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo