W Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$275
  • Restaurant
US$95
US$92
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
1,268 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productscorner suiteliving roomhip hotelmoody theaterchocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonslady bird lakehotel barheart of downtownlive musictown lakevalet parkingfitness centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you yearn for modern, hip, cool, eclectic, design, with shades of industrial, arty, yet ever so elegant: look no further!! No question, this is my favorite hotel in Austin. There are no huge public spaces in this hotel, but rather the ambience of a special service boutique hotel. Off the entry, you will find two cozy, hip sitting/reading/drinking areas, one with fireplace, both with contemporary sofas and chairs. I can tell you I DEFINITELY enjoyed a smooth whiskey here after my nights out!!! You might expect a hotel experience like this in New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Dublin, or the Latin Quarter in Paris. I booked a "Corner Suite", based on the impressive photos. Surprise, and I was upgraded to a "Marvelous Suite": two bedroom kings, two bath, living room, dining area. Excellent décor with Austin music scene photos festooning the walls. Spacious, modern bathrooms, one with tub and shower, the other with beautiful glass enclosed shower...just excellent! (Please see the hotel photos for a taste of the décor). I'm unsure of the age of the property, but this was a well maintained hotel, definitley not shopworn and tired in appearance. But wait, there is more!! Younger, excellent staff, groomed to please and satisfy every request. Fitness room is adequate, with bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, yoga room, free weights and a variety of machines for a good workout. (I used to work as a fitness trainer.) The property is in downtown Austin, and perhaps within walking distance, but I used my car for the 3 to 5 minute drive to my chosen restaurants. The property is 4 blocks from popular Sixth Street. Christmas dinner was 4 course fixed menu, with excellent entrees and service to match. Room Service? The egg white omelet is orgasmic!! So, did I enjoy this hotel? Would I recommend? YES and YES!! With one proviso: my 80 year old grandmother probably wouldn't appreciate this hotel! ENJOY!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello Rick, thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday stay with us and were able to take advantage of our many amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The W Austin is one of the best Ws Ive stayed at. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The staff is friendly and the rooms are large and beautifilly decorated, unlike many of the other Ws that Ive stayed in. Everyone was accommodating. I left my credit card at the bar there and they had it up for me. Unfortunately I didnt realize it until I was already at the airport, but they were very accommodating. A quick email with my drivers license and a note of releaase and it was Fedexed to me. Great customer service!
I was there for meetings for 3 days and the meeting space was decorated very nice and the food was also very good. Great staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my team was able to help recover your credit card. Thank you for your feedback about your time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Outstanding stay! Unfortunately, as soon as I arrived, I got sick! Tim from guest services went out of his way to bring me tea, advil, fruit and a smile. Paige in reception found us a room with two beds last minute and made sure I knew where the steam shower in the locker room was. Thanks again to everyone for making my stay wonderful and helping me feel better. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were ill, but glad that Tim and Paige were able to assist. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from a quick weekend away at the W Austin. We went there last year back in the fall, and loved the hotel so much we decided to stay again.

Check-in was great. It was Friday at 4:00 - and a mob of folks were checking in. One computer went down, and our check in person handed us off to another person instead of making us wait. We were quickly checked in. I love the fruit water they have in the reception area.

We stayed in a Cool Corner Suite - very quiet, AWESOME bed, comfortable, great views, nice amenities.

We ordered room service breakfast both mornings, as well as late Saturday night dinner. Room service was quickly delivered each time, and the food was great.

We spent some time in the lounge/bar they call The Living Room. I love that bar - fireplace, cozy vibe, great servers (enjoyed sweet Samantha), super menu, and great happy hour prices. That bar is truly one of my favorite places in Austin.

The W's location is perfect. Centrally location downtown, yet close enough to Town Lake and South Congress.

I especially tip my hat to the staff at the W. Every single person we encountered was very, very nice, and always asked, "How's your stay going so far?"

Two minor problems - our huge and fantastic tub's stopper didn't work so we weren't able to use the bathtub which was so inviting, and the W's repair guy was unable to fix it. They have a wonderful charger station bedside, but no iPhone 5 charger in it. In fact, it's very difficult to find a plug to charge your phone bedside. We ended up charging our phones in the living room of our suite. Not a big deal, but we do use our phones as clocks and prefer our phones to be bedside. Seems to be a consistent issue with lots of hotels.

Love this hotel, its vibe and location, as well as the fantastic service and decor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Samantha was able to make your stay more memorable. My sincerest apologies for the tub issue, but thank you for your understanding. We also have iPhone 5 chargers available to guests so thank you for that valuable feedback, and our apologies that your room didn't have one.

Thank you again for your feedback, we anxiously await your third visit!

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

It started with a question most hotels don't think to ask, "What brings you to Austin". Well it was my birthday and my wife and I decided to leave Chicago and spend 24 hours exploring Austin. The W is centrally located to everything you want to do in town, absolutely cool and when they ask a question they really listen to the answer. At the conclusion of our first day in Austin there was a sweet treat waiting for us in the room along with a thoughtful birthday card. It's the best place to stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank illini13

Hello and thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us! My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.