“Amazing!”

W Austin
Ranked #21 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating! I was greeted by at least 3 different people before I even entered the building! I also left some stuff in my room and flew home, and they searched and got back to me immediately to let me know they found the items and would ship them right away. They even offered to guy buy a flat iron for me when I left mine at home!

Had a massage at the spa and was offered mimosas - very nice! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that my team was able to make your stay more memorable and that you were able to enjoy our AWAY Spa. Thank you again for the positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have never felt more unwelcome at a $539 a night hotel! Small, cheap looking rooms that need to be updated. Front desk staff unhelpful and snotty. Room service almost laughable! Beautiful pool, but no service there. Never again!

Room Tip: The balcony was beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jeriy
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review. My sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your satisfaction. I'd very much like to learn more about your stay so that I may address any service issues you experienced with our team. I can be reached at drew.mcquade@whotels.com or 512-542-3633. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Gray carpet, gray walls, exposed gray concrete - in the halls, in the rooms, in the lounge. If you like gray, this is your place. To be fair, there are some red accents. Since this is clearly a style choice, I am sure it appeals to some people, just not me, though I doubt that the stained carpets throughout the building appeal to anyone. The room itself was typical of a high end hotel, though with some annoying "features". There is no dresser in the room - you put your clothes in baskets in the one closet. While there is a place to plug in small electronics on the night stand, the only actual outlets are on the underside of the desk in a place so dark that it requires plugging in things by feel - not exactly safe.

The redeeming quality of this place is the people. First, there are a lot of people on staff, ready to serve. Every one was gracious and helpful. The restaurant, with both indoor and outdoor seating, is very good, if you can make it through the maze to get there from the lobby. One highlight was three large lounge areas off the lobby with comfortable seating and perfect for meeting with friends over drinks and snacks. The downside is that late at night they are packed and loud, with police posted at the entrance, a little unsettling when walking into the lobby.

For $500+ per night, I will be trying someplace else on my next trip to Austin.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor in cities, with a room away from the elevator. The first room offered...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share your thoughts with our design team. I'm glad to hear that my team was attentive and you enjoyed our Living Room's atmosphere. Thank you again for your feedback,and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I must admit, as a loyal customer of the Hilton Hotels, I was a little skeptical when my fiance wanted to change it up and visit The W Austin. Boy was I wrong to judge! From the moment we stepped foot on W property we were treated like one of them. Valet was quick and brought our bags to the desk. Everyone was helpful without being too corny like some luxury hotels. The hotel itself was GORGEOUS. So unique and hip. Other W's we have tried in the past have been too cool for school but this one had a perfect balance. The Whatever Whenever Concierge gave us time and patience offering restaurant recommendations and reservations. Katie at check in though was superb! Gave us the best recommendation to the Fire House Lounge (review of that to come!) it was just what we were looking for and absolutely made our trip! W really knows how to do it. Their staff matches their beautiful hotel and we will definitely be back! Goodbye Hilton!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello Tory,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Austin. We appreciate you giving us the chance and am so glad to hear that Katie made your stay more memorable with her recommendation.

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The W Austin is a lot like every other W. It is trendy, with rooms on the smaller side and a bar/lounge in the lobby; it caters to a young professional crowd. The facility was very nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. W hotels aren't the most interesting since they're all so similar, but this is definitely a solid choice if the purpose of your trip is to see the city rather than hang out in your hotel room.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I posted a "not so recommended" review in July of the W b/c I believe in sharing my first hand experience in an open and honest way. When I posted that review, the manager (Drew) contacted me and made every attempt of trying to correct my bad experience. I stayed there again this weekend to give them a second chance and I am so happy I did. ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING service! Amber (check in) was super nice and polite and Jared Marvin was also very welcoming. They went above and beyond to makse sure I knew that my first experience was NOT what they strive for. What I got this weekend was top notch service (what you would expect from this hotel). This weekend I definitely saw their motto of "Anywhere, Anytime". I will be back for sure! Thank you, W!

Room Tip: 1601 is their suite. Wonderful views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your recent review-- and thank you for giving us a second chance. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Jared and Amber made your stay more memorable.

Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Superb! I can't say enough about this hotel, its staff, and the warm welcome that my husband and I received for our 3-night getaway. Caleb C. treated us like superstars as soon as we stepped in the hotel - the service was the best we've had in a very, very long time. When we arrived, our reservation was not in the system for some reason, and the staff provided us with complimentary drinks, a food discount, and just great service while they set us up. The room that we stayed in was modern, sleek, and the perfect setting for our stay. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything - great restaurants, 6th Street, and SoCo. And, if you want to go anywhere within 5 miles, you can ask the hotel's private car to take you there. Whatever we needed, the staff provided personalized attention to us, and we couldn't be more grateful. And, the room service food from Trace was amongst the best I've ever had!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the surrounding area and that Caleb was able to make your stay more memorable. Thank you again for the feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.