W Austin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
The Driskill(Austin)
1,268 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productscorner suiteliving roomhip hotelmoody theaterchocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonslady bird lakehotel barheart of downtownlive musictown lakevalet parkingfitness centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a great hotel for all of the reasons you would choose to stay at a hotel- great location, excellent amenities, and beautiful rooms. However, it is the customer service here that makes this hotel stand head and heels above the rest. Everyone in the hotel is extremely helpful and caring. They do all within their power to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I traveled during SXSW when the city was crazed. It was impossible to find cars however the concierge always was willing to work with me and find a car to suit my needs in a timely manner. Also, I happened to leave a few things behind in the hotel and the security team there was gracious enough to locate my items right away and ship it to me free of charge. This place really goes above and beyond in terms of customer satisfaction. I will definitely stay here any time I go to Austin!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hello Joanna,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit over SXSW with us. I'm also glad to hear that my team was able to assist in recovering your lost items. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stay at the W Austin every year for SXSW. The Staff at this hotel are extremely great and helpful especially the front desk and the "whenever wherever service". I left my kindle at the hotel this past weekend and called the W to see if they found it. After being quickly directed to lost and found Larry told me that they had it and would send it over FedEx right away. Not even 20 minutes later I was emailed a FedEx tracking number. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel.

I can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my team was able to assist with your lost Kindle. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating! I was greeted by at least 3 different people before I even entered the building! I also left some stuff in my room and flew home, and they searched and got back to me immediately to let me know they found the items and would ship them right away. They even offered to guy buy a flat iron for me when I left mine at home!

Had a massage at the spa and was offered mimosas - very nice! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that my team was able to make your stay more memorable and that you were able to enjoy our AWAY Spa. Thank you again for the positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have never felt more unwelcome at a $539 a night hotel! Small, cheap looking rooms that need to be updated. Front desk staff unhelpful and snotty. Room service almost laughable! Beautiful pool, but no service there. Never again!

Room Tip: The balcony was beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jeriy
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review. My sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your satisfaction. I'd very much like to learn more about your stay so that I may address any service issues you experienced with our team. I can be reached at drew.mcquade@whotels.com or 512-542-3633. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Gray carpet, gray walls, exposed gray concrete - in the halls, in the rooms, in the lounge. If you like gray, this is your place. To be fair, there are some red accents. Since this is clearly a style choice, I am sure it appeals to some people, just not me, though I doubt that the stained carpets throughout the building appeal to anyone. The room itself was typical of a high end hotel, though with some annoying "features". There is no dresser in the room - you put your clothes in baskets in the one closet. While there is a place to plug in small electronics on the night stand, the only actual outlets are on the underside of the desk in a place so dark that it requires plugging in things by feel - not exactly safe.

The redeeming quality of this place is the people. First, there are a lot of people on staff, ready to serve. Every one was gracious and helpful. The restaurant, with both indoor and outdoor seating, is very good, if you can make it through the maze to get there from the lobby. One highlight was three large lounge areas off the lobby with comfortable seating and perfect for meeting with friends over drinks and snacks. The downside is that late at night they are packed and loud, with police posted at the entrance, a little unsettling when walking into the lobby.

For $500+ per night, I will be trying someplace else on my next trip to Austin.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor in cities, with a room away from the elevator. The first room offered was right next to the elevator, but was corrected when I asked.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share your thoughts with our design team. I'm glad to hear that my team was attentive and you enjoyed our Living Room's atmosphere. Thank you again for your feedback,and we hope to welcome you back again soon.