“We really enjoyed it”

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“We really enjoyed it”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We only stayed 1 Saturday night at the W during a quick trip from Dallas. During our time there we really enjoyed the hotel

It is in a great location! It was walking distance from a farmers market that we visited in the morning. In the evening the had music and a festival going on right outside the Hotel and that night we were walking distance from several bars and clubs that had a lot going on. In addition, we were not far from several food places we saw on Yelp and wanted to try, so it was very convenient to be so close.

The night we stayed, the bar in the lobby was very lively and the drinks were expensive, but good.

The staff was very friendly. My wife has very bad allergies and they had no problem accommodating to the fact that we needed a room that didn't previously have any dogs or cats. They also had our room cleaned again just to make sure.

If we go back we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jay,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and enjoyed our proximity to some of Austin's most iconic venues.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again soon!

Drew McQuade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W Austin for our first night away together after our daughter's birth. The staff at the W made it a truly memorable experience. The reservation process was impeccably facilitated by Allison Josefowitz who upgraded our room, surprised us with treats awaiting us upon arrival and helped me coordinate a special surprise for my husband. And David Gorham graciously talked to the Executive Chef on my behalf to treat my husband to his favorite breakfast from Trace. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my maternity leave and enjoy some much needed one-on-one time together.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Christina,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice staycation with us and that Allison and David were able to make your stay more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon!

New York
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just stayed one night. The room was very noisy, right over an outside bar, and the bathroom doors were disintegrating at the bottom. The grey walls are a bit gloomy. Otherwise it was fine. Room service food was very good, but overall experience just OK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bars.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank crulezim
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and our apologies for any discomfort you experienced due to noise issues. Should you be open to discussing your stay further, I can be reached at GMWAustin@whotels.com or 512-542-3633. Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from you.

Grinnell, Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I really liked the room - a 1 bedroom suite. One person could watch tv or shower without disturbing someone asleep. The soaker tub was great after the race. Our room included breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. I enjoyed the shrimp and grits. The minor downsides are the loud music on saturday night from downtown and the young college kids at the pool on friday. The pool was a nice place to grab a drink and relax though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in your suite. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed dining at Trace. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Chicago
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This review is based on my last stay at the W, Late May-June 2014. I picked the location as I was in town to attend a concert. Location is fantastic for downtown Austin. The room is clean... comfortable. The housekeeping staff was friendly. Sunday Brunch at TRACE is wonderful. The food was good... they have a live jazz band. I had some relatives dining with me from the area, they enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly to them... even with the 4 year old. Everyone at TRACE made us feel welcome. My issue with the hotel was the young lady who checked me into the hotel. She was cold, unfriendly.... she wanted nothing to do with me and wanted me out of her life as soon as possible. That may not be the case, but that was the vibe she was giving off. I have checked in and out of hotels hundreds of times at various hotel chains and this was about as cold as it gets. Not good.... terrible. That being said everyone else at the hotel was very nice.... the valet was quick... friendly. I would stay at this hotel again; however, if I saw a certain person at the front desk I would wait an hour to speak with the next available associate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank avillebud
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and dining at Trace. Thank you also for the feedback regarding my team and your check-in experience. We strive for a superior customer service experience, so should you be open to discussing your stay further I'd very much like to hear from you so that I may address your feedback with my team. I can be reached at GMWAustin@whotels.com or 512-542-3633.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I travel to Austin on business a few times a year and always prefer to stay at the W hotel. It's downtown location is great, the service is excellent, and bar and overall mood is exciting. There is always a lot of energy at the W, and the restaurant choices within walking distance is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

W Austin was a great experience. It is in a good location. Close to food, bars, shopping, etc. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and modern. Austin is an awesome city to visit and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family traveling to Austin.

• Stayed September 2013
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!