“The place to stay in Austin!”
Review of W Austin

W Austin
Ranked #21 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W Hotel in Austin this past weekend. It was a get away for us.
This hotel is amazing! We had a cool corner suite which had a view of Lady Bird Lake. The room decor is very hip! Huge shower and lots of windows. Incredible views. The spa and fitness areas are both beyond what you expect in a hotel. The pool area is very comfortable and large for a city hotel. It is very active and has just the right amount of cool vibe! DJ plays during the day at least on the weekends for sure! Next to the lobby are three different rooms, each one is a lounge area with either TV's or music happening. The restaurant, Trace is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure to dine at. At the very least have breakfast there!

The hotel is located within walking distance from every cool neighborhood in Austin. It's right next door to Austin City Limits. Even though the hotel is surrounded by fun we slept peacefully every night and never heard any noise.

I can't stop without acknowledging the staff. Everyone there was very helpful, friendly and efficient. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Austin. Really loved our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lady Bird lake would be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hello Judi,
Thanks for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team was able to make your stay more memorable. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our neighborhood and Trace.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Drew McQuade

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wonderful staff, accommodated an early check in request. The pool is fabulous and the bar is really nice done. The W is walking distance from a lot of stuff and has easy access to the Town Lake hike and bike trail. The room was small but really well appointed, fab shower and wonderful products. It was loud after 11:00 outside but that is what you get in the live music Capital of the world! Highly recommend Café Ruckus just across the street and one block west, wonderful coffee! Valet parking is very expensive.

Room Tip: We had partial lake view 1501 it was nice but loud at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is within walking distance of a lot. The rooms are ok but very loud. I can literally hear everyone in the hallway as well as next door rooms. It kept waking me up through out the night. Do not use valet parking. Park next door. If you park after 5pm and leave the next day.before 5pm parking is free except Saturday's. Parking is $8 for 24 hrs if you park earlier than 5pm. Either way it's a steal compared to the hotel parking price of $31 a night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Autumn M
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The W is within walking distance of most everything you need down-town!! We stayed 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We are Starwood owners and we acknowledged upon check-in and given the room meeting our profile. The Austin Nights country music show is recorded next door -- so, late night can be crowded.

Valet park your car -- but, it is pricey!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again for the feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent the weekend at the W in Austin as a 'get away' from the kids. In fact, the W is our favorite hotel to do this periodically throughout the year. It's important to get some alone time with your spouse! We love the consistency of the service and the staff, and also the proximity to many things to do in downtown Austin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Robert,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway with your wife here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We only stayed 1 Saturday night at the W during a quick trip from Dallas. During our time there we really enjoyed the hotel

It is in a great location! It was walking distance from a farmers market that we visited in the morning. In the evening the had music and a festival going on right outside the Hotel and that night we were walking distance from several bars and clubs that had a lot going on. In addition, we were not far from several food places we saw on Yelp and wanted to try, so it was very convenient to be so close.

The night we stayed, the bar in the lobby was very lively and the drinks were expensive, but good.

The staff was very friendly. My wife has very bad allergies and they had no problem accommodating to the fact that we needed a room that didn't previously have any dogs or cats. They also had our room cleaned again just to make sure.

If we go back we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Jay,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and enjoyed our proximity to some of Austin's most iconic venues.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W Austin for our first night away together after our daughter's birth. The staff at the W made it a truly memorable experience. The reservation process was impeccably facilitated by Allison Josefowitz who upgraded our room, surprised us with treats awaiting us upon arrival and helped me coordinate a special surprise for my husband. And David Gorham graciously talked to the Executive Chef on my behalf to treat my husband to his favorite breakfast from Trace. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my maternity leave and enjoy some much needed one-on-one time together.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Christina,
Thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice staycation with us and that Allison and David were able to make your stay more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon!