“Great location, weird tub”
Review of W Austin

W Austin
Ranked #19 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Visited Austin last weekend and stayed a the W Austin. Staff was very nice and helpful. Hotel is located around the corner from a couple of great restaurants (Austin Java, La Condesa, and Lambert's. There is a market across the street on 3rd where you can buy water, drinks, etc. The bar/lounge on the 1st floor was really busy and had good drinks. Didn't visit the pool area but it sounds as if it is THE place to be on a weekend day. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet as well. The only complaint was the bathtub. It was short in length and really deep. It is difficult to get in and out of the tub without some gymnastics. It is akin to one of those walk-in tubs you see on TV without the door. Be careful if you drop something while showering as the tub faucet will greet your behind. The water pressure in the shower was also suboptimal and took "Green" to a new extreme.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. Thank you for your feedback regarding our tubs as well. In the future, please feel free to email GMWAustin@whotels.com or call (512) 542-3633 and we'd be happy to explore other room lay-outs that have varying tub and shower set-ups. Thank you again for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a great time in Austin this summer and one of the best parts was the W Hotel
It's beautiful, groovy, comfortable, a great location and they were very nice!
I left some clothes in the closet, checked out and came home. Not until I unpacked a much lighter suitcase did I realize what I was missing.
They found the items, were so nice and sent them back to me FED EX (my expense of course)
Thank you very much, I really appreciate this great service.
Best

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello Janet, thanks for your review of the W Austin. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my stay and that my team was able to assist with your left items. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our stay at the W was more than we had ever expected it to be. The staff went above and beyond every chance they had making sure we were more than taken care of.

Our first day at the pool we were shown true hospitality from 2 people in particular. John and Brittany. Thank you so much for showing us what the W is all about.

We will definitely be back!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!! Kyle & Gracie

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Kyle & Gracie, thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that John and Brittany were able to make your stay more memorable. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Perfect location to enjoy the best Austin has to offer! The staff was great!
The pool offered a great escape before we got to the serious business of having a blast at the area bars. ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for your recent review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us this summer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I'm from Texas, I'm use to hot weather. I am under 40 and love the atmosphere. But the air conditioning at the W is horrible. I was there a week ago with 8 other couples and everyone had the same experience...way to hot. To the point where I won't go again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank TheAggieTravelers
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review. My sincerest apologies for the discomfort you experienced while with us. I'd like to learn more about your stay so that I can share the feedback with my team. Should you be open to discussing your stay further, I can be reached at drew.mcquade@whotels.com or 512-542-3633.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A friend recommended this hotel and we could not have a better experience! My boyfriend and I visited this hotel for a couple of days in July. We were so excited we stayed here! We drove from Houston and we did not use the car at all since we were able to walk to the major tourist spots including the Capitol, 4th street, UT, etc…
Very romantic hotel because of the pool, bars, and room layout. The pool was incredible! We loved hanging out for an afternoon and enjoyed drinks. You can’t miss it since it has a great view in the rooftop with all downtown buildings around. The hotels bars were excellent as well, with several ones to choose from. The room was smaller than usual but very modern and cozy. The bathroom does not have a door, except the toilet. It was not a problem for us but perhaps it could be for someone that likes more privacy or is not a couple.
Overall, we loved staying at the W and we look forward to spend more days here in our next visit to Austin. We will not book any other hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the W for a long weekend. The rooms and amenities are what you would expect. The location is very convenient to all downtown attractions. There are readily cabs available. However, we mostly walked our used Uber. The concierge was extremely helpful in finding reservations and attractions. The door man make you feel at home. The fitness center is state of the art. The pool was crowded but fun people watching.

Room Tip: City view.