“Best BBQ ever”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My good its the best brisket ever
But... We arrive at 7:45 am on sat, and wait 4 hours on the line please do somthing

1  Thank Guillllermo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The line is ridiculous and I agree with some reviewers that this place has become way overrated. But with that said, waiting in the line is part of the experience and the food is pretty excellent. I tried a little bit of everything and the ribs were my favorite. The brisket, pork, sausage, and turkey were all so good but the ribs here were dynamite. I would definitely recommend going at least once, after that, try to pre-order.

2  Thank jennyvh
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The bbq was pretty good. The briskets was delish but the ribs...ahhh well another story! the turkey, they dunk in the au ju and its pretty amazing. the wait is horrid but they come out with hot link samples for everyone while waiting. I head if you buy the entire brisket you can skip line!

2  Thank KULINARYKING
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The popularity of this place in my opinion is way overrated. The BBQ here is good but it is not worth the 3-4 hour wait and the line around the block. It's become a big social feat and nothing more. When I arrived at 8 am the line was already around the corner with about 100 waiting. Based on what I saw, I presumed I was going to have the most phenomenal BBQ in the states. After taking my place in line and finally tracing the front door after 4 hours, I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the food here is very good with good size portions, but not worth spending the entire morning and afternoon waiting for it

3  Thank bsryan
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

- Wednesday arrival, 9:30am. Probably 75-100 people in front of me.

- From arriving in line to the ordering counter, 3.5 hours. It was nice to read a book and sit in my chair while occasionally chatting with the friendly people around me. So, no complaints.

- Worth every minute. The BBQ gods are smiling down on Franklin BBQ. It's the mecca of meat, the bee's knees, the cream of the crop. It's epic.

The brisket, both the lean and moist, were to die for. Brilliantly seasoned, perfect crust and the smell- just intoxicating. My husband ate the ribs and said they were the best he'd ever had.

I never order beans, but the hubby and I decided to try them based on other yelpers. They were wonderful along with the mustardy, creamy potato salad.

Looking forward to a return trip.

2  Thank CelestePeacock

Been to Franklin Barbecue? Share your experiences!