“Yes, it is good!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Yes , indeed this is good! Really good --- some of the best in Austin! The wait in line is well worth the wait for some great food! Great moist brisket and very tasty sausage= a two meat plate. The sausage sandwich is plenty for two. Great spicy sauce...took some home for later use! Good food! We shall return when in Austin! Wonderfully polite young folks running the place...yes, I was impressed.
By the way...the great debate continues... Who has the best barbque in Texas? In our opinion--- Smitty's in Lockhart! Franklin's is good..no doubt, but to us, Smitty's has the edge.

3  Thank ladybugtx76
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Glad I read a bunch of reviews before going otherwise I would have been upset! We got in line at 8:30 and ordered at 1:00PM. I took my wife and her sister who couldn't believe I got them up early to sit in line for lunch. They were thanking me by the end of the day. Not only was the food amazing but we had a blast in line chatting with other tourist and locals alike. One lady was waiting for her 5th time in line. If you are willing to wait more than one time in that line it must be worth it. That being said everyone has their things they like, if food isn't yours I would understand not wanting to wait in line. If food is your thing the wait is well worth it. While we were too late get ribs, we got to try everything else. The sausage was good, the turkey was unique but good, the pulled pork was pretty amazing (better than average) and I am still having dreams about the brisket! The sides weren't worth my time but the brisket...did I mention the brisket?! WOW!!! Nothing else you can say. Meat candy! Have fun and enjoy! I made my wife and her sister believers!

3  Thank PolVulter
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Seriously, I..cant...make...words...mouth too full of brisket. Wait...im sorry, this isnt just a brisket. It is quite possibly the best morsel of cow meat I have ever had the good fortune to shove down my throat. Best brisket period. Aaron Franklin is the Brisket King! My dads pork ribs looked quite satisfying as well but he hoarded them as though they were too precious to share. Yes, the line is ridiculous. Yes, the smells will make you go crazy. Yes, it is the best que ever. If you want the best, guess what, you have to pay the price. Eat this food now!!!

3  Thank Noah G
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My good its the best brisket ever
But... We arrive at 7:45 am on sat, and wait 4 hours on the line please do somthing

1  Thank Guillllermo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The line is ridiculous and I agree with some reviewers that this place has become way overrated. But with that said, waiting in the line is part of the experience and the food is pretty excellent. I tried a little bit of everything and the ribs were my favorite. The brisket, pork, sausage, and turkey were all so good but the ribs here were dynamite. I would definitely recommend going at least once, after that, try to pre-order.

2  Thank jennyvh