“Fun live music and a delicious mix of plates”
Review of Snack Bar - CLOSED

Snack Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: STYLISH : relaxed ambiance that invites lingering with your date, friends, or notebook. Bring the dog. TASTEFUL : globally inspired, locally sourced, chef-driven menu made with organic, raised-right & natural ingredients. DISTINCTIVE : small vineyard wine, local craft beer, fancy drinks, artisan coffee & specialty loose tea.
New York City, New York
“Fun live music and a delicious mix of plates”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We dropped in for a few drinks and some food before heading to the airport and found a great live band playing out on the patio. It was a little chilly, but they seated us right next to the fire pit and gave us blankets. Nice touch! We ordered a bunch of plates to share and everything was delicious - roasted brussel sprouts, cheese plate, falafel couscous plate. Our server was goofy, but efficient and a lot of fun.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank slsnyc

Venice, Florida
“Pricey Nostaliga”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

If you just want to say you ate here then fine. But if being trendy isn't important then take a pass. $40 for 2French toasts& coffees is a ripoff. Oh wait it was organic.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank David N
“A bit of Austin on a plate”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Upon entry, we were a little dubious as to what to expect. The decor has a retro 70's vibe, I think they were going for a modern Gasropub. We went in the morning for breakfast. There wasn't a huge selection to choose from, but they had some breakfast favorites that they added their own twist and flavor. I had the Eggs and Gravy Biscuit which was very different from a traditional biscuits and gravy. Instead of a sausage gravy, they had a very nice herbed mushroom gravy, which had a very lovely flavor. My only issue with my breakfast was that the biscuit was denser and harder than was to my liking, and our waitress was not overly attentive which was a bummer because I really liked the coffee and would have enjoyed more than the two cups I got.

Over all it was a nice breakfast and, being located on South Congress, it was easy to walk around after we were done with our meal and tour some shops.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sabrina E
austin, tx
“sticker shock!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

five of us dined here last night...our waiter made valuable recommendations, and the brussel sprouts appetizer was raved over by one and all. the burgers looked great, but i was a little disappoined by my ribs, and a companion was a bit disappointed with her steak. good french fries and appetizers. the place itself is in a good location, and features outdoor seating as well as inside. however when the bill arrived i was a bit shocked to find a $140 total, pre-tip--$15 for a bottle of cider and $11 for a glass of wine! YIKES! sure, the farm-to- market/fresh/healthy food angle is worth a bit more on top, but be prepared to pay for it at this hipster heaven. we also felt a bit rushed by the waiter for our table as we lingered after our meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank trawicki
Palm Springs, California
“trendy eats”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

good service and good honest food, I had the steak sandwich and my buddy a burger, not rushed, chill setting. Outside seating but a little too humid for me.

Visited October 2013