“Austin's downtown in a nutsheel”

Austin Bike Tours and Rentals
Book In Advance
More Info
US$54.03*
and up
Austin's Lakes, Springs, and Bridges Bicycle Tour
Ranked #16 of 97 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Top-rated tours of the city available every day. Hourly, half-day, daily and Weekly rates for rentals. Located in the heart of downtown. Austin has some of the best biking in the country and our staff of longtime locals will provide you with what you need to create adventures that you and your crew will never forget. Give us a call, stop by or email us today and let's talk about riding bikes in Austin.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Austin, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Austin's downtown in a nutsheel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Austin Bike Tours and Rentals is a great way to see several attractions in Austin. You get to see Barton Springs Pool, Lady Bird Lake, and the Congress Bridge Bats in one trip. Good dining by Barton Springs pool as well Whole Foods 1st location which is like 20 restaurants in one. Tour host was super cool.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Ivan C

Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Very convenient and accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We didn't take the city tour with this group, but we did reserve and rent two bikes for the day. The attendant who was looking after the bikes in the morning was very helpful. I had to change one of my reservations from a road bike to a cruiser and they helped us with open arms. The bikes we received were in great condition, and we used them to go around Austin from morning until about dinner time. To return them, we locked our bikes at the same place we got them and called the company to let them know where we left the bicycles. I appreciate the convenience of it all.

Visited August 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fantastic Trip through the City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had a great trip with Travis.--a local who grew up in Austin. He was very knowledgeable of Austin, its history, and its culture. We got to see the Lady Bird park, play disc golf, visit the bats, and so much more. It was a great three hours and well worth the money. This was the second bike tour we have done (other in Florence, Italy), and I think bike tours are the best way to see a city and experience its best parts.

Visited July 2011
San Antonio, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Unique way to see Austin like locals do, and completely avoid traffic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

Travis showed our small group a side of Austin I would never have experienced without him as a guide. We were able to bike from Duncan Park (BMX) to Zilker Park to the Congress bridge to see the bats all without encountering a car. We rode along Town Lake, Lance Armstrong bikeway, over the lake on a beautiful pedestrian bridge (with a piano), myriad bike paths commuters use, and made it to Zilker for a bit of Shakespeare in the Park. Near the end I was a bit tired, but I'm way out of shape, and it was totally worth it. My boyfriend and daughter (age 14) were fine (and even she liked the tour!)

Visited May 2011
2 Thank psmorehouse
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

In one word.... WOW! This was by far one of my favorite things on my trip. Travis you were awesome. Thanks for giving us such a great and personal way to see the local side of Austin! To sum it up in 3 hours I got see pretty much everything on my list including: Barton Springs Pool, The Botanical Gardens, Lady Bird Johnson's Lake, Lance Armstrong's Yellow Jerseys, The Capital and the Longhorn Stadium and that wasn't everything!!

Visited April 2011