“ATX by Bike!”

and up
Austin Icons Bicycle Tour
Ranked #17 of 106 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Top-rated tours of the city available every day. Hourly, half-day, daily and Weekly rates for rentals. Located in the heart of downtown. Austin has some of the best biking in the country and our staff of longtime locals will provide you with what you need to create adventures that you and your crew will never forget. Give us a call, stop by or email us today and let's talk about riding bikes in Austin.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boulder, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“ATX by Bike!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Satisfied Customer! Without a doubt touring a new city by bike is the most comprehensive way to get a feel for the town and ABT&R did not disappoint. Arranging for our tour was simple, easy, and efficient. As it turned out my friend and I were the only two clients that day so we really were able to customize our tour and ABR&T more than delivered.

Because we had so much fun pedaling around all day, we decided to rent our bikes for the entire weekend. When we had a slight maintenance snafu, Keith was there within 15 minutes to replace our bikes. Service with a Smile!

If you're up for fun, laughs, and adventure contact ABR&T.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jarabak

McAllen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and Accomodating Service”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I was in charge of finding a place to rent bikes in ATX. Luckily I was able to find this and get in touch with Keith. Even though we were dealing with strained lines of communication ( no cell phone signal ) we were able to rent four bikes from this vendor outside of their normal operating area. Although we were delayed a couple of hours from the original time established, we were still able to rent and get a quick ride on walnut creek. Although the hybrid bikes could've been swapped out for mountain bikes to take on some of the more technical rides, we were happy to be able to ride the trails with a pretty large group of riders ( 10 trail riders in total). It would not have been possible with out Keith's patience. Keep it up bro, we'll keep in touch. Thank you for making that part of our trip possible.

They are easy to work with

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ikeithp
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bends over backwards for you”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I landed from Australia and rented a bike from Keith over the internet on the day I arrived in Austin. He answered my email within ten minutes and brought the bikes to my door with helmet, map, locks and lights within the hour.

When my bike was stolen by a dude with some bolt cutters, he was back at the front door with a new bike just two hours later with the same smile he had when he brought me the first bike! No charge, not upset, just told me to get back on the bike!

He was professional, courteous and very generous. Great value and flawless customer service. It could not have been any easier. Keep up the good work Keith.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Simon H
Nashville, Tennessee
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Couldn't Book A Tour”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

After reading reviews, I was excited to book a bike tour while we were in Austin. I used the contact section of their website to request a tour a week before our trip. I didn't ever receive a reply. I understand that sometimes emails fall through the cracks so I contacted Austin Bike Tours again and yet again...no one ever got back with me to book a tour. Even if they were booked, they should have had the courtesy to reply to me. That's very poor customer service. Luckily, the Four Seasons rents bicycles so we were able to explore Austin on our own.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JChaff12
ABTAR, Owner at Austin Bike Tours and Rentals, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Sorry we missed your call. We try to return everyone's inquiries as quickly as possible. Our tours were booked full that weekend and we must have not gotten back with you to let you know. Please try again next time your're in town.
Wolfville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“took our money and weren't there”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We booked a tour for Jan 7th through their online system two weeks prior to arriving in Austin...even received an email the day before reminding us of our booking. Tried phoning to confirm being picked up at our hotel...phone message said mail box was full. no response to an email from me. Decided to walk to their 6th street address...nothing there. These guys are not in business but still taking $$ for reservations. Fraud,

Visited January 2012
1 Thank 707terry
We were closed for the month of January and our online reservation system accidentally took this reservation. A refund was given as soon as we returned to the office and noticed the error. We apologize profusely for the confusion.