“No comparison,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uchiko

Uchiko
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchiko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,663 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd
Description: We are proud to announce... Chef Tyson Cole, winner of the 2011 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest--Thank you Uchi and Uchiko family and friends for your support! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uchiko, translated as "child of Uchi" from Japanese, is the next restaurant venture for renowned executive chef and sushi master Tyson Cole. Located in central Austin, this second location of Cole's highly-praised Uchi presents the same excellence and energetic atmosphere of the original with some noteworthy additions. Uchiko features a new menu with Uchi's same style of innovative and fresh cuisine, a main dining room that accepts reservations throughout the evening and an eat-in bar/café area.
Phoenix, Arizona
“No comparison,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

There is not a sushi restaurant on this planet that can compare, although this is probably an exaggeration since I obviously haven't been to all the others...I wish I could describe the experience of every mouth-watering taste, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cleveland, OH
“Divine Dine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am not a huge sushi eater. Or maybe I am just a picky sushi eater. This by far was in the top three of my sushi experiences. Fresh, Fresh, Fresh. Delicious cooked dishes as well. The sea bass dish and pork belly dish were sublime. And I cannot not mention the pastry chef's fantastic peach dessert that we got with the Chef's ten course meal. Oh, also, the "ham and egg" roll was excellent. An empty plate did not sit on our table for more than 30 seconds and all the staff looked happy and busy. Yes, it is pricey, but if you enjoy very good food and service, this is absolutely the place you want to be. I strongly suggest reservations as well!!! Exceptional.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“I would travel back to Austin, just to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited here on a whim, after a colleague who lives in Austin, had suggested we try both Uchi and Uchiko. In texas on business, I was joined by two New York based colleagues and our expectations were high, after dining at Uchi the night before. The food was to die for! Absolutely positively delectable. Very expensive but worth every penny. Its the slightly hipster version of Nobu.
We ordered about 10 dishes and shared family style. I am a huge fan of edamame so ordered this to get things rolling. The edamame was grilled which gave the beans a nice roasted flavor. * note to self - must try this at home. I really enjoyed the brussel sprouts and the hama chili. The brussels were both charred and tangy which is a win in my book. The hama had the slightest heat and cool citrus flavors. it was so good we ordered it 3 times!!!!

I would fly back to Austin in a heart beat just to have the hama chili ... shame we don't get to work there anymore!

• Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“Pricey, but worth it if only once”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We received a gift to go here, otherwise I doubt we ever would have paid the amount we paid for so little food. We're glad we were able to go. You get to appreciate each bite, which isn't something one can always do when eating out. And each bite is well worth its value!

Visited April 2014
Helsingoer, Denmark
“Exellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have been in Japan several times and been at good restaurants there, and it's first time I've been in such good restaurant outside Japan. Expensive but this is heaven on Earth, and every penny worth spending. The waiters are so observant, and you have their full attention. We had the Chiefs choice and it Was beyond our wildest dreams!

• Visited April 2014