Travaasa Austin
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
US$307
US$275
US$95
US$92
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
  • Restaurant
All reviewschallenge coursegiant swingequine experiencehatchet throwinginfinity poolfarm to tablespa treatmentsropes coursefarm tourhill countrycanyon viewall inclusive packagemechanical bull ridingsummer camp for adultsamazing spagirls triplake travis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just returned from another stay at Travaasa. I have stayed there several times before and the place just keeps getting better. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The reservation and check in process was all very easy and staff made sure that I had the room and view that I requested. The rooms are very comfortable and the views of the Balcones Canyon are wonderful. The restaurant has wonderful food and can accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten free diets, you name it. Both the food and service are excellent! The spa is wonderful as well. I had several massages, facials, and body treatments. All were great and, again, the staff are very friendly and professional. I went on an Equine Encounter for the first time and had a wonderful time with a quarter horse named Red - very powerful experience! Good walking trails and lots of activities whether you are athletically inclined or just want to relax with some artistic opportunities. I cannot recommend this place enough. Go for yourself and you will understand.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the canyon, be sure to let the reservation folks know. If you are going to the spa, ask for a room in a building close to the spa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Ellen S,
Thanks so much for your glowing review of Travaasa! We are so glad you are one of our regular visitors and that you think we keep getting better and better. We're certainly trying and have lots of fun, new adventures planned for 2014. Hope to see you again soon,
Happy New Year,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My week at Travaasa was incredible. Staff was ridiculously nice and attentive, food was crazy good and creative (definitely, definitely, definitely do the all-inclusive option - you will not be disappointed), and the experiences/activities were fantastic. I can't say enough about it - but here's the upshot: I can't vacation anywhere else ever again. This is not an exaggeration. Travaasa Austin has everything I could possibly need: great food, great accommodations, great spa, great pool, and great activities.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 5th Casita, which was geographically perfect: right across from the spa/pool and close to the dining room. There are other rooms closer to the gym and meditation room, but I found the 5th Casita to be perfect. Don't make a big deal out of this, though, as the entire resort is easily walkable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TJ14123
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

TJ14123,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa! I am really glad that you liked the food, accommodations, spa, pool and activities, but best of all, that you enjoyed our team so much. It was a pleasure having you stay with us for the week and we all look forward to your return.
Warm regards and best wishes for 2014.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

One of the most comfortable beds ever! I really loved how comfortable it was and totally wanted to buy the bed set! The rooms were great with a lovely view. Very scenic, nice grounds. A good selection of classes but unfortunately the weather prevented us from doing some of the outdoors ones. I enjoyed my pedi and massage. I'd like to go back when it's warmer to try some of the outdoors experiences and soak in the gorgeous infinity pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sofia L
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

SofiaL
It is always so nice to hear how much our guests enjoy the property and I do agree we do have some very comfortable beds. Thank you for posting such a nice review and we look forward to your return when the weather is more pleasant and you can enjoy the pool and more of our outdoor activities.
Happy Holidays

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Travaasa is a gorgeous resort. We LOVED the bedrooms. The beds were dreamy. The grounds were amazing. The staff very friendly and accommodating. We stayed 2 nights in the Canyon room. We had facials, pedicure, yoga, pilates then headed downtown in the evenings. Nice getaway. Great place for couples or a girls weekend.

Room Tip: We loved the canyon room :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

LydiaNinjaLin
We greatly appreciate your very kind words and glad to hear you enjoyed the resort. Our staff truly loves interacting with our guests and it is nice to hear that you had the opportunity to partake in some of our spa and activity offerings. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I needed to get away for a night to unwind. This was our first getaway since having our son 15 months ago. We live in Austin and were looking for something close by but far from the chaos of our lives. The moment you get pass through the gates you know you are entering a special place and we felt that way the entire 36 hours we were there. Everyone was warm and engaging and the food was the best we had in all of Austin (and that says a lot since our city is full of foodies). We had a great time in all the activities and enjoyed the amenities so much we were not thinking/worrying about our son (my biggest fear). We decided to make this a regular getaway and would suggest you do as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

nathanbgreen
Thank you very much for the glowing review. We are so happy you chose us as your first getaway in 15 months and enjoyed the food, activities and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best Wishes