“Great Getaway”

Travaasa Austin
Ranked #25 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was an Awesome place. We went for Valentines Day and this is defiantly one that we will never forget. Staff was Super nice and went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable. The place itself was great, from the scenery to the rooms. They have sooooo many activities to do, that we didn't even leave the resort. The food was also outstanding. It is a very peaceful and relaxing place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Stephen D,
We are so honored that you chose to celebrate Valentine's Day at Travaasa! It is great that you had an awesome time here and that you'll never forget your visit. We hope that you return to visit us again soon.
Best,

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

beautiful setting
locally sourced, healthy food
fun activities
excellent service
and heavenly QUIET
lovely pool, nice hiking trails, educational classes
horses! great massage options, full service nail salon, well appointed rioms with locally roasted coffee, Reidel stemware

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G K

G K,
I appreciate your review of Travaasa! We are happy that you enjoyed your heavenly and quiet stay with us. It is great that you had a mixture of fun and relaxation during your stay. We hope that you return to us again soon,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited Travaasa with my husband for a long weekend. The property was beautifully maintained and an ideal getaway with no kids. We did the "Travaasa total experience" so accommodations, meals and spa credits were included. The property grounds are wonderful - with hiking trails in a nature preserve and quiet secluded rooms and quiet spots to sit, read and enjoy the scenery. The staff was exceptional - everyone seemed happy to be there and genuinely wanted to help. The classes that are included with your stay range from archery to pilates and provide a lot of options depending on your interests. The food at Jean's kitchen is healthy and delicious.

If you are used to high end travel and expecting a Ritz Carlton spa experience, this is not quite at that level. Rooms and spa are nice - very clean, modern decor - but it does not feel luxurious. Rooms are not offered with king beds and all rooms have showers only, no tubs. The spa is a bit lacking in the locker room area - no steam rooms for instance. The pool deck area is limited and pool not heated (or at least was not during our visit). Overall I would recommend this property and I would return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sage Casita #7 and it was an ideal location with close proximity to the spa and res...
4  Thank Anna B
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Anna B,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you participated in so many of our activities. You'll be happy to hear that we are anticipating a spa remodel and adding some King Suites in the near future, so hopefully you'll find everything you need when you return.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

What a wonderful place to be stranded because of the snow in the Northeast!
To a person, the staff at Travassa had it right. I was surprised how many people knew my name. They remembered the special requests of their guests day to day and anticipated our every need.
Spa personnel, activities leaders, cowboys, dining room team and the maid service were all pleasant.
Food was very good including many great options for me, a vegan. Chef was accommodating, tailoring entrees for my diet and preferences!
I would love to return for a vacation visit with my wife.

Room Tip: I loved my near spa location (cottages 5-7) but friends on the other side of the proper were all ple...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

BedfordDiner,
We were very glad to give you shelter from the storm! I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I know my team will be thrilled to read your comments and we look forward to meeting your wife on a visit soon.
All the best,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

From the moment we checked into Travaasa until we checked out, our every expectation was met.
The food is locally sourced and prepared with ride. The menu is varied each day and has something for everyone. The spa is outstanding. Make sure to get a massage. Once you are done, go to the pool, hot tub and sauna for even more relaxation. Make sure that you join in the activities such as hiking, archery, horseback riding and relaxing around the infinity pool.
The staff is excellent and you can tell that it is their intention to make your stay with them memorable. The only down side is that there are no rooms with King beds.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors of each building have a better view than on the first floor.
1  Thank James F
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

James F,
We are so glad that you had a relaxing and fun-filled stay at Travaasa. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our activities, and that our staff did help you have a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I visited Travaasa with my sister for a girl's weekend. The nice thing about the resort is that you can make it as relaxing or adventure filled as you'd like. With over 30 activites daily, there is always something for everyone. We tried the giant swing and challenge course which were adrenaline packed. I would like to thank Courtney and Jamie for their patience and for encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone....they were awesome (and are also very safety conscious)!

We ate most of our meals at the restaurant (farm to table meals) which were all healthy and wonderfully made. The food is actually grown at their farm which is down the road. All-in-all, would whole heartedly report this resort. I'm hoping we get a chance to visit the one in Maui!

Room Tip: Though the resort feels secluded, restaurants and cinemas are near by (we visited the Moviehouse and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HappyOrangeDuck
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Happy OrangeDuck,
It is wonderful that you and your sister had a great weekend together here. I'll make sure to pass along your review to Jamie and Courtney who will be so pleased that they helped make your stay adventure-full. I happen to be visiting the Heavenly Hana property at the moment and can tell you that it is really great, so I hope you do make it out here.
All the best,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just got back from a two night stay at Travaasa located just outside of Austin. I have lived in Austin many years and honestly had never heard of Travaasa. As a Christmas gift, my Fiancé booked a couple of nights at the resort for the both of us. I really had no idea what to expect and was a bit ho-hum about the upcoming trip. But to my surprise, this place is an oasis. I have never been to a resort where the staff were so friendly and would go out of their way to please us. From the welcome staff, all the activity coordinators, the restaurant and spa, we were treated like royalty.

What is great about this place, guests have the option to choose from list of activities that are scheduled throughout the day including activities that are physical, relaxing, and learning. We did a little of everything such as the Pilates, climbing wall and zip line, power pole (climbing up a 30 foot pole, stand on top, then jump; not for those scared of heights), mechanical bull riding (yes), giant swing, trail ride, spa treatments, cooking class, couple connection, archery and LOTS of incredible food.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner was something to look forward to. All freshly prepared with farm to table concept. My fiancé has dietary restrictions and the chef(s) accommodated her special requests.

Our room was perfect. Very private, great linens, and quiet. The grounds, pool and the trails are incredible. Wifi throughout the resort for those that want to stay connected.

Can’t say enough good things about this place. We are looking forward to returning soon!

Bill and Mel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WillOfAustin
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

WillOfAustin,
We are so glad you and your Fiance found Travaasa and had such a great time! It sounds like you guys enjoyed a bunch of our activities - you were even brave enough to do the Power Pole. I'm happy to hear that your Fiance enjoyed our food. We pride ourselves in being able to cater to everyone, even if they have allergies and restrictions and it sounds like we managed to please you both. We hope to see you again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
Hotel Ella
#41 of 201 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 201 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!