“Wonderful relaxing experience.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bethesda, Maryland
“Wonderful relaxing experience.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were on a road trip and took two nights to sit quietly at Travassa before getting back in the car. The room was large, very comfortable and had a wonderful view of Hill country. The staff was very friendly and helpful at the Inn, the spa and the restaurant. We had two dinners at the restaurant and we were underwhelmed by the food coming out of the kitchen. Order just appetizers and desert and you will be very content.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high room with a view out over the valley.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Moncure,
Thank you for your review of Travaasa. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and spa, but am concerned that you didn't enjoy your dining experience. If you have a moment, I'd love to hear more about what you found lacking so that I can work with the chef to improve it. Feel free to contact me at kristine.huffman@travaasa.com, or you can call me at 512-258-7243.
All the best to you,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was in desperate need of a retreat and this was the place to do it. The quality of service was excellent, the activities were priceless ranging from empowering to therapeutic. As soon as you drive through the gate you can feel the tension and stresses of life melt away, to say this was a life changing experience would not be an exaggeration. This was my first solo trip ever and it's the best place to start and revisit. Already planning my next visit with friends!

Room Tip: I had a top floor corner room. It was nothing less than perfect. The sunlight and the view when the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nidia A
Dear Nidia A,
Thank you for your extraordinary review of Travaasa! We are so glad that you enjoyed your fist solo trip and that you felt the tension and stress melt away as soon as you drove in. Hoping to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is definitely one of the best spas I've been to. The team made my Easter weekend unforgettable. There is something magical about this place. I loved everything and the activities offered a perfect variety. Delicious and healthy food from the farm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lanelle H
Dear Lanelle H,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Easter get-away and hope you come back to us again soon to enjoy the Travaasa magic.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights here for our babymoon and absolutely enjoyed it. We enjoyed the spa, however wish the staff would really enforce the quite and silence in the waiting area. There are tons of activities to par take. We really enjoyed the farm tour. As well as the juicing class, archery and prickly pear course. This was a great trip and we look forward to going back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NutritiousFoodie
Dear NutritiousFoodie,
We are so honored that you visited Travaasa for your babymoon. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our activities. I will speak to the spa manager about the noise in the treatment halls and waiting room area. We are going to be remodeling our spa this summer, so you'll be happy to see all the changes, including a redo of the waiting room area on your next visit. Hope to see you both again soon,
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Travaasa is an amazing experience. More than I ever expected. The resort is beyond fabulous, from the activities to the food and amenities, but what truly made our experience was the delightful staff. We had exceptional service from the moment we made reservations. Greata took care of all our booking questions and went above and beyond explaining all the things offered at Travaasa. Then we arrived early for activities and Marissa not only knew our names, but she greeted us with a smile and wished me a happy birthday. Our first stop was the bike pump course with Jeff and we had another staff member join us, Art. Art could not have been more welcoming and kind to us. Jeff was without a doubt one of our favorites. We enjoyed the bike pump experience so much that we did it twice. He even took pictures for us and emailed to us. Then we had Courtney, Scott, and Josh for the climbing wall and ropes course. They were all extremely knowledgable and patient with us. Even when I became frustrated and a bit irritable as I made my way up the wall. They couldn't have been nicer! I also was able to enjoy a massage by Frankie. The place was gorgeous and we had the best experience. The food was out of this world, the amenities were more than we imagined, and the staff friendly and welcoming. We are already planning an annual trip here.

• Stayed September 2013
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Cbmeck,
So glad you enjoyed your escape to Travaasa! Thanks so much for your kind words about our team members. They'll be so happy to hear that they helped make your stay memorable and that you're planning to return again to us every year.
All the best,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a lovely 4-night stay in late March and enjoyed wonderful weather, fun activities, fabulous staff interactions and the generally serene environment. We kept trying to think of what could have made it a better rest and rejuvenation trip and couldn't come up with anything! We took a couple trips into the city for an urban fix and to get some local flavor and found it an easy drive, though there was certainly no need to go off-property for anything.

BTW-everyone we encountered that happened to realize we are a lesbian couple had no awkwardness or adverse reaction that we noticed...just good to know if that's a concern for you.

Room Tip: We had a "canyon view" room which faced away from the property, so it was a bit more priva...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ElizaG7279
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear ElizaG7279,
I appreciate your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Travaasa and that you got some great R&R. I hope that you and your partner return again soon,
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I met my two adult daughters for a long weekend at Travaasa Austin, and the resort could not have been a better choice. The location was lovely, the rooms spacious and clean, and the staff welcoming and helpful. If we had stayed longer we would have taken greater advantage of the many interesting activities, but an afternoon by the pool, massage for three, a juicing class, and daily hikes kept us busy. The dining areas, especially the outdoor patio with views of the canyon, were wonderful. As happens in the real world, small glitches came up, but the staff handled each with gracious professionalism. They even called to informed me that they had found my daughter's text book, and expedited it back to her in NYC. I highly recommend Travaasa Austin, and hope to repeat this excellent experience at the sister resort in Hana, Hawaii in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sarahbeekley
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear sarahbeekley,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We are so glad that you and your daughters had such a excellent time and found so many great things to do. I'm also glad that we were able to get your daughter's text book back to her quickly. Really important to keep up on the studies!!!
We hope that you all return to us for another getaway soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Four Seasons Hotel Austin
#15 of 203 in Austin
W Austin
W Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!