“Great escape!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston
“Great escape!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent place to unwind in the Texas Hill Country. Amazing staff in all aspects of the Resort. Enjoyed all of my spa services, but really loved the Watsu water massage. An amazing experience. The kitchen had very delicious vegetarian options, which I really enjoyed, as well as the non veggie choices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear SoutherngirlHouston,
Thank you for your GREAT comments about Travaasa! We are so glad that you really enjoyed Watsu. We are one of the few places that offers this service and I agree, it is an amazing experience. I hope that you make the drive over from Houston to visit us again soon.
Best,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Ft Worth, TX
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After a particularly grueling work schedule, we came to the spa to unwind. It was just what I needed. The spa is remote from the busy city and highways..out in the hill country where wild flowers are enough to cheer me up! The grounds are rustic and beautiful, The rooms are lovely, with balconies overlooking the hill country, and windows to open and let in the cool night air. The staff was accommodating, every request was promptly met, the pool and hot tub are so pretty and refreshingg, love the spa treatments, and the food is just wonderful and healthy, from nearby farms.

Room Tip: Rooms near the spa, if that is your passion...just a short walk is great.
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly...wild flowers are beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear reviewing40,
We are so glad you took time off from your busy schedule to visit Travaasa. I really appreciate your glowing review and am happy that you found us to be just what you needed. We hope that you do take the time to unwind again with us soon,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for my birthday and it was a delight! Waiting for me in my room was a delicious chocolate treat and a note from Kristine Huffman, their General Manager, welcoming me and thanking me for choosing to celebrate my birthday at Travaasa. The room was amazing, the staff was incredibly friendly and courteous, the activities were so much fun, and the farm-fresh food was delicious. The spa is gorgeous and it is no wonder that their pool is currently gracing the cover of Texas Monthly! I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a trail room - the balconies are incredible! I also highly recommend the Total Travaasa, so m...
Green Features: Farm-fresh food, organic cotton comforters and linens, toiletries w/ recycled packaging - who knew being environmentally-friendly could be so luxurious?!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear AliceTexas,
Thanks again for choosing Travaasa as the place to celebrate your birthday! We really appreciate you taking the time to post this wonderful review and I'm glad you had such a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon,
Best wishes,
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were on a road trip and took two nights to sit quietly at Travassa before getting back in the car. The room was large, very comfortable and had a wonderful view of Hill country. The staff was very friendly and helpful at the Inn, the spa and the restaurant. We had two dinners at the restaurant and we were underwhelmed by the food coming out of the kitchen. Order just appetizers and desert and you will be very content.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high room with a view out over the valley.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Moncure,
Thank you for your review of Travaasa. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and spa, but am concerned that you didn't enjoy your dining experience. If you have a moment, I'd love to hear more about what you found lacking so that I can work with the chef to improve it. Feel free to contact me at kristine.huffman@travaasa.com, or you can call me at 512-258-7243.
All the best to you,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was in desperate need of a retreat and this was the place to do it. The quality of service was excellent, the activities were priceless ranging from empowering to therapeutic. As soon as you drive through the gate you can feel the tension and stresses of life melt away, to say this was a life changing experience would not be an exaggeration. This was my first solo trip ever and it's the best place to start and revisit. Already planning my next visit with friends!

Room Tip: I had a top floor corner room. It was nothing less than perfect. The sunlight and the view when the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nidia A
Dear Nidia A,
Thank you for your extraordinary review of Travaasa! We are so glad that you enjoyed your fist solo trip and that you felt the tension and stress melt away as soon as you drove in. Hoping to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is definitely one of the best spas I've been to. The team made my Easter weekend unforgettable. There is something magical about this place. I loved everything and the activities offered a perfect variety. Delicious and healthy food from the farm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lanelle H
Dear Lanelle H,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Easter get-away and hope you come back to us again soon to enjoy the Travaasa magic.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights here for our babymoon and absolutely enjoyed it. We enjoyed the spa, however wish the staff would really enforce the quite and silence in the waiting area. There are tons of activities to par take. We really enjoyed the farm tour. As well as the juicing class, archery and prickly pear course. This was a great trip and we look forward to going back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NutritiousFoodie
Dear NutritiousFoodie,
We are so honored that you visited Travaasa for your babymoon. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our activities. I will speak to the spa manager about the noise in the treatment halls and waiting room area. We are going to be remodeling our spa this summer, so you'll be happy to see all the changes, including a redo of the waiting room area on your next visit. Hope to see you both again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin
JW Marriott Austin
JW Marriott Austin
#14 of 203 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!