“Excellent Feb 14th retreat!”
Review of Travaasa Austin

Travaasa Austin
Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Excellent Feb 14th retreat!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife & i went for a two day retreat on Feb 14th and it was great!
- Spa services were incredible. We had a Couples Relaxing Massage and it was awesome.
- Service is outstanding. Throughout the stay, they gave us several welcoming and romantic details. Staff was always very kind and very catering.
- Food is good, being pretty much all organic products, but i wish they had a little bit more tasteful recipes.
- Resort and location is breathtaking (Pool, Spa, Rooms)

Room Tip: Canyon View Rooms have the best resort location
Green Features: Great policy of energy savings and watert - Non-Iron Blankets - Laundry
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear french0007,
Thank you for your great review of Travaasa! We are so glad that you enjoyed a relaxing, romantic get-away for Valentine's weekend. I hope that you return to us again and again,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My best girlfriend from college & I picked Travassa for a two day retreat. This resort is a very unique property and the perfect place to re-connect with yourself, loved ones & nature.

Food, staff, location, room, activities...everything was great and we had no complaints. The only trouble was..when she flew back to Chicago and I drove back to Houston...we both missed the heavenly, incredibly soft throw blankets, coffee & catching up with each other on the stunning room balcony overlooking the beautiful hill country tree tops. Well done!

Can't wait to return with more girl friends or a romantic weekend with my husband! THIS is the Texas Hill Country done right!

Room Tip: Hotel is set up as individual buildings with only a few guests 'sharing' walls. The casita d...
Green Features: Please continue to work with the environment both in your hotel operating practices and utilization of your design choices. This resort feels like it's celebrating nature, not fighting it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear happynaturemama,
Thank you so much for your amazing review of Travaasa! We are so glad that you and your best girlfriend joined us and had such a great time reconnecting. I hope that you decide to join us again soon. We'll make sure to have the comfy blankets and porch waiting!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The service was extremely friendly. It's not often I visit a hotel for one night and leave the next day knowing the names of half a dozen employees. The facilities are beautiful and extremely comfortable but the staff and level of service is what really sets this place apart.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Jonathan C,
Thanks so much for your Trip Advisor review of Travaasa. The team here is happy to know that you enjoyed meeting them as much as they enjoyed meeting you. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon,
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was my husbands birthday. He had been so busy with work and stressed that I thought a nice spa getaway would be perfect. It was! Everything was fantastic, and easy. We live in Austin, but coming here felt like we were really far away. It was so quiet and serene, the nature surroundings just made you relax. The spa treatments we received were awesome! The food was very fresh, clean and healthy. The staff was always kind and very catering. They have a number of fun activities on site, and although we didn't do a lot. We did enjoy the yoga class and the archery was a lot of fun. I would recommend Travaasa to anyone that just needs to get away from it all to unwind and relax, and to have some fun!

Room Tip: The far corner rooms are more private.
Green Features: It is very eco friendly, love the recycling and trash bins on the walk ways.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear amandahuras,
We are so honored that you selected Travaasa to help you celebrate your husband's birthday. It sounds like he needed a relaxing get-away, not far away from home. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the serene setting and spa services and unwind from your busy lives. Hope that you come on up again soon,
Houston
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent place to unwind in the Texas Hill Country. Amazing staff in all aspects of the Resort. Enjoyed all of my spa services, but really loved the Watsu water massage. An amazing experience. The kitchen had very delicious vegetarian options, which I really enjoyed, as well as the non veggie choices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear SoutherngirlHouston,
Thank you for your GREAT comments about Travaasa! We are so glad that you really enjoyed Watsu. We are one of the few places that offers this service and I agree, it is an amazing experience. I hope that you make the drive over from Houston to visit us again soon.
Best,
Ft Worth, TX
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After a particularly grueling work schedule, we came to the spa to unwind. It was just what I needed. The spa is remote from the busy city and highways..out in the hill country where wild flowers are enough to cheer me up! The grounds are rustic and beautiful, The rooms are lovely, with balconies overlooking the hill country, and windows to open and let in the cool night air. The staff was accommodating, every request was promptly met, the pool and hot tub are so pretty and refreshingg, love the spa treatments, and the food is just wonderful and healthy, from nearby farms.

Room Tip: Rooms near the spa, if that is your passion...just a short walk is great.
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly...wild flowers are beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear reviewing40,
We are so glad you took time off from your busy schedule to visit Travaasa. I really appreciate your glowing review and am happy that you found us to be just what you needed. We hope that you do take the time to unwind again with us soon,
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for my birthday and it was a delight! Waiting for me in my room was a delicious chocolate treat and a note from Kristine Huffman, their General Manager, welcoming me and thanking me for choosing to celebrate my birthday at Travaasa. The room was amazing, the staff was incredibly friendly and courteous, the activities were so much fun, and the farm-fresh food was delicious. The spa is gorgeous and it is no wonder that their pool is currently gracing the cover of Texas Monthly! I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a trail room - the balconies are incredible! I also highly recommend the Total Travaasa, so m...
Green Features: Farm-fresh food, organic cotton comforters and linens, toiletries w/ recycled packaging - who knew being environmentally-friendly could be so luxurious?!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear AliceTexas,
Thanks again for choosing Travaasa as the place to celebrate your birthday! We really appreciate you taking the time to post this wonderful review and I'm glad you had such a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon,
Best wishes,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
#15 of 203 in Austin
The Driskill
The Driskill
#28 of 203 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!