“Gone downhill”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is my third time here, and both times before were amazing. The service was great and the atmosphere was great. This time is disappointing. We came mid week because you get a slighter discount, but you suffer in service. We have been at the pool since 10 am (it is now 12:15) and there are no towels and no service. I called the front desk at 1145 to let them know (all the people around me are complaining too) because lunch is supposed to served at 1130 and we can't even get a drink. Still no one has come. There is a water fountain but no cups.

Also our room was so hot. We were both most of the night. We had it set to 70 but it hovered around 75-77. I called maintenance and they said they would check on it, but It didn't help. Around 930 this morning it was finally down to 73 and the room felt okay.

This is dramatically different from previous stays. I don't think I will come again during the week.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Permanenthoneymoon
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Permanenthoneymoon,
I am so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your stay with us this time. I am following up with the issues you mention. If you're still here, let's connect to see what I can do to make up to you.
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We accidentally found Travaasa and are so glad we did. It's a low key and relaxed spa with just the right amount of options for activities, amazing treatments and most noticeably for us (being from out of state) was how incredibly nice everyone was. From the minute we arrived, the staff were so accommodating and helpful. We recharged our batteries and had a great girls trip to Austin.

Room Tip: Our room in casita 4 was lovely with a balcony overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lois Griffin75,
Glad to hear that you accidentally finding Travaasa worked out so wonderfully. It sounds like you had some good R&R mixed with fun activities and great services I do hope that you and your friends return to visit us again next time you heading to Austin.
Best,
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I took a last minute trip by myself for my birthday. Travaasa was everything I expected and more. The staff is amazing, friendly and helpful. Not once did I feel awkward about being by myself. Adam (food and beverage manager) was wonderful as was the chef. I really enjoyed chatting with them as I watched chef create his amazing dishes. The spa was phenomenal and I highly recommend Alex for the Honeybee body treatment. My room was beautiful. The bath products, heavenly. The challenge course was a big deal for me as it addresses a huge fear for me. Courtney and the staff, walked me through it and gave me so much encouragement. I wound up doing it twice!! As I was leaving today I was hugged and thanked for staying with them. Everyone made my trip so special. I could not ask for a more relaxing gift. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room and although many say the top floors have a better view, I enjoyed walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JodiR67
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear JodiR67,
We are so honored that you joined us for your birthday and that you had such an amazing time. The team will be happy to hear that they helped make your day special and will look forward to seeing you back here soon,
kriscrack
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The resort is beautiful & peaceful….a perfect place to get away and unwind. though it is an "upscale" resort,,,the vibe is casual and very unpretentious.
view We had a canyon room with one queen bed which was (as another reviewer mentioned) on the small side. But, the bed was very comfortable and we never heard our neighbors (though I know that we had some.) And honestly, we did not spend a lot of time there, but did enjoy sitting outside on our patio on one evening.
The grounds and the pool were lovely. The spa was being renovated while were there, but we still enjoyed our services in its temporary home. The ladies at the spa were helpful in setting us up and I even took home some spa goodies!
The staff was friendly, helpful and always available when we needed someone. We had a great time at the fun & informative wine tasting with Edward. When (not if) we go back, we will definitely request to sit in his section at dinner so he can assist us with wine pairings. This guy is passionate about wine and knows his stuff! We enjoyed breakfast, lunch & dinner at the restaurant + snacks poolside with our Total Travaasa experience. all of our meals were very good…flavorful, fresh and I always went away satisfied but not feeling miserably full. The bartender (so sad I forget his name!) makes some creative and absolutely delish summer cocktails! I got brave & went with his recommendations…tried a couple of new things …so glad I did. Very impressive.
We went with the intention of signing up for a lot of the "experience." But we ended up just going with the flow…and doing our own thing. I will say that the sign up boards for activities do fill up quickly (they post them for sign up the night before at 9 pm) but I heard people say that they were able to join in activities that were filled up on the sign up sheets because there are typically "no-shows." Same thing with dinner reservations; reservations were full when we arrived for check in. But the person who showed us to our room suggested we show up at the restaurant to see if they might be able to accommodate us. After a very short wait, they did. Another option is eating at the bar where you can order from a separate bar food menu or the regular dinner one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear kriscrack,
I appreciate your wonderful review of Travaasa. It sounds like you did a lot while you were here, but took some time to just go with the flow. We can't wait to have you back!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had high expectations for Travaasa Austin, and they went on and exceeded them anyways! I truly felt like a special guest during every part of my stay, from the welcome process, to the extensive tour (thank you Brian!), to the room, to the amazing dinner and breakfast, and even while on a horse following Jody! They really know how to do hospitality right.
Note: If you have any food allergies, this is heaven for you. They will literally customize ANY dish already have a number of allergy friendly items available (gluten free, vegan, etc.). One of the best meals I have had this year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear peterE83,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Travaasa! It was a pleasure meeting you and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of your experiences here. We look forward to having you and your wife stay with us soon.
Warm regards,
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I visited Travaasa last weekend for a quick getaway.
We were so impressed. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by super friendly staff. Our room was small but very clean and nice - think "luxury meets nature". The restaurant was EXCELLENT every time. The menu is not super extensive, as it changes daily, but every single thing we had was AMAZING. Pricey, but amazing. There was a full list of activities to choose from every day. Our favorite thing was one-on-one horseback riding lessons and the farm tour. My husband did the challenge course and had a blast. The pool is beautiful. Everything about this place is just great. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear MrsSLJP,
Thanks so much for your awesome review of Travaasa! I am so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We're happy to hear that you loved our dining room and our small, but varied, menu of fresh foods. We can't wait to see you back again soon.
Best regards,
new york city
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautiful resort but the service was ridiculous. Time after time, they messed up reservations, room amenities. The restaurant had such bad service for several meals (never dinner). Could be a really great resort but they seriously need to work on their staff's training. Would not recommend.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank breit5
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear breit5,
I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your October stay with us. I trust that we have addressed the issues you mention, but would love to hear more about your stay to make sure. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512-493-3668 to see how we can make it up to you. We'd love have you back for another stay to give us an opportunity to wow you.
All the best,