I wont say too much about whats right with this property, bc most of its been said already. The best description is like a summer camp for adults, except you get to drink alcohol, lounge by an infinity pool, and do whatever you want. Options galore. the staff is all around great, especially the folks who run the front desk (Amy) and the horseback riding (Jodie) and biking (Jeff). The ropes course guys are amazing as well.
Ill focus on the weak spots:
1. food options. overpriced and not too exciting. pool menus seriously lacking. good to have farm-to-table concept in the flagship restaurant, but maybe something more traditional and casual by the pool? all we wanted was chicken sandwich or nice salad. The all-incluisve option may be good for some, but add significantly to your price. I cant imagine you'll really want to eat of drink hundreds of dollars per day. fortunately there is a host of options close by. Despite the mostly negative reviews, you would be remiss to miss out on "The Oasis" a huge mega-restaurant located down the road. dont go there for the food as much as the awe-inspiring view. just go and at least have a drink, but food is not bad, just not special.
2. spa. [warning: it was under construction at our time and was in a temp location]. service was great and massage was relaxing. but the whole experience was weak. the setting in a converted guestroom was very anti-climatic. The worst part was before and after the actual massage. We just waited in a lame waiting room and had tea. no intimate or peaceful waiting area with running water (dont they all have that?) where you sit in a bathrobe and relax. and after, it was like " OK youre done, bye" not the whole experience Im used to. I would not return for this and feel that I wasted over $300 on couples massage. Did not compare to last massage I had in Napa...not even close and was same price.
In conclusion i would love to return. I would recommend it overall. The food thing is just my personal preference and I cant ding them on that. If not for the weak spa experience (at a premium price) I would have given the property 5 stars. I would not recommend wasting your money on it until perhaps after the renovation is done. Then Id give it another chance. But def go and have fun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Austin Hill Country only 30 minutes from eclectic downtown Austin, Traavasa Austin is nestled into 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis. Travaasa Austin boasts 70 guestrooms located within seven lodges interspersed along meandering paths allowing resort guests to soak in the natural habitat of the local Hill Country in a resort campus setting. The resort includes a movement studio, infinity pool, beautifully appointed restaurant and bar with outdoor patio and exhibition kitchen, a tranquil spa and gracious accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Travaasa Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travaasa Austin Hotel Austin
- Travaasa Austin Texas