“So sad they've moved”
Review of The Mighty Cone

The Mighty Cone
Ranked #500 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Description: In 2002, the Austin City Limits Music Festival contacted Hudson's owner Chef Jeff Blank to help them spearhead their efforts to entice local restaurants to join the festival's food court. Their goal was to create festival food that would emulate the unique heritage of Austin cuisine. The result is The Mighty Cone - the official food of live music. We serve "Hot & Crunchy" tacos and sides in an easy to devour format. Loved by thousands of festival goers.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Love love love the mighty cone. So sad to see that they have moved their location from South Congress. Not sure where they went, but we loved it so much we went back the next week to find they were no longer there. Someone thought they moved near campus which is a shame.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I love this place and can't say enough about it. One of the owners (Lisa) hit it off with my son on a recent trip and she really took care of him. She went inside and made him something that wasn't even on the menu and then treated him with dessert. Aside from the awesome service we receive on each trip, the food is pretty awesome. We usually have lunch there, but today, we just wanted a light snack, so we got the fried pickles! They were awesome. I would definitely recommend this place to visitors, we go quite often and live here. Great food at a great price.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband & I have been wanting to try the food truck experience forever & finally got the chance when we were in Austin last weekend. The Mighty Cone (owned by the wonderful Hudson's on the Bend) was the first one we came to and we didn't venture to any others after that. It was just that good. I had the fried chicken/fried avocado w/ coleslaw cone along with an order of their tasty skinny french fries. Everything was cooked & prepared perfectly, including their own homemade spicy ketchup. All I can say is, "WOW!" I can hardly wait to go back and do it all over again. I can't recall what the sauce was that was drizzled over the chicken & avocado but it was so delicious I could have eaten a bowl full.

Located on South Congress St. in Austin, The Mighty Cone has picnic tables under bright umbrellas for customers to sit while they eat. Even better, each table is equipped with round holes to hold your cone, since you're surely going to order more than one. Great place for people watching too.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

While visiting SoCo in Austin, you have to stop by and have yourself a Mighty Cone. It's in a trailer, there are picnic tables with umbrellas out front to sit down and eat. The food comes in a sno-cone and is actually good. I had the hot and crunchy chicken cone, it was very good. The Mighty Cone is owned by Hudson's on the Bend, an upper class restaurant that is pricy. The prices are good, the food is good and the location is nice. Their website is www.mightycone.com check them out if your in Austin.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

While standing in line at Franklin Barbeque (see review) asked a local Austinite where else to go for a good meal. First place he suggested was The Mighty Cone. This is a trailer (Austin is the food trailer capital of the world) on South Congress Street about 1 mile south of downtown Austin. Only place we went to twice on our 3 day trip. Got the Chicken and Avocado combo with the fries. Would hit this place again....and again....and again.

Been to The Mighty Cone? Share your experiences!