“Horrid - Under renovation Nov-Jan '13”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
Ranked #169 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Filth, smelly, depressing, old, total lack of management. Police are called daily with crime issues, management ignores all issues and stays hidden either smoking or hidden doing no idea what, because it clearly doesn't show. Towels, when they have them, are covered in hair. A smoke plume, musty cooking smells, no porter, stained carpeting from housekeeping dragging trash down the halls and letting it sit for 8 hours a day if not longer. No trash pick up in the stairwells, which has bugs and smells horrible. Dog poop on the fire stairs, never cleaned up. The building will be downgraded to military colors with out of date depressing rooms starting in November and lasting until at least january, and they don't care if it disturbs guests, their only concern is collecting money. Horrible place overgrown with filth and no one cares.

Room Tip: stay away frrom the trash corners.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 845terryr

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Management...Below average Not friendly at all. Disciplined staff in of guest "I am the manager!" No one spoke unless spoken too first.
Cleanliness...Way below average Black mold in the grout in the tub Stains in the carpet Musty smell in the rooms Hallways smelled terrible Dirty wet floors at exit Trash and nails in parking lot
Breakfast... Frequently out of Good coffee Breakfast bars, packaged oatmeal, apples and bad oranges - not a good way to start the day
Other... Stained towels Noisy pool area late at night Unsupervised children No one at reception desk or answering phone Poor cable reception Very slow "high speed" Wifi
Simply put, I will not be staying here EVER again

Room Tip: Second or third floor on the north or west side away from the freeway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank pmarkowitz99
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I made my reservation 5 months in advance and 1 day before I arrived they just send an e-mail telling that they do not have the room I booked available so they just gave a smaller room at the same rate. the worst part was that when I did the check in in the balance there were a note say "DO NOT REFER TO ERIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" Erin is the Manager, she did not show up. how disappointing. and Monica the front desk assistant in the firs shift was rude, they gave us terrible service

The room was really dirty the do not vacuum the aisles the elevator was dusty and stinky. The room wasn´t clean neither

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maria Luisa R
Reviewed 30 July 2013

It was good. My only 2 complaints were that the hall ways smelled like cigarette smoke and the wifi didn't work. Other than that the room was decent. I would stay again. The location was great. Close to alot of stores, restuarants and freeway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 799ty
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that the WiFi was not working properly during your stay and that there was a smoke odor in our hallways. Our maintenance staff is currently working to correct these issues so that they do not affect our future guests. Still, I am glad that you liked your room and our convenient location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I was amazed at how at home I felt while staying here. Staff was excellent at getting us settled in and that's very helpful for my autistic son who's 6. I so look forward to staying here again soon as the location is great. Lots of shopping close by. Loved the pool as well. Great opportunity for my son to socialize as there were some really nice kids around to swim and play with. I highly recommend this hotel for it's great rooms,affordable price, and attentive and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your kind words about the hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This charming hotel has everything that a traveler need, but most of all the courtyard and pool area is quite inviting, an oasis during the hot summer days of Austin. with two giant oak trees and a well organize and clean environment.
It really refreshes the mind and relaxes the body after a long day at work. I have been a travelling RN for more than 10 years now and a global back packer for almost 20 years. Believe me, I know a seasoned hotel and staff when I see one...And this is one of them. Thanks to Amalia at the reception desk for her hospitality and speedy assistance, and all the diligent staff that keeps this charming Austin Oasis, pristine and accommodating. Keep up the good work and Cheers!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a courtyard view. Quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dominiclimpin
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lovely pool and courtyard area. As well, it is really wonderful to know that our staff provided you with such great customer service, especially Amalia.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Loved the room and the view....price well worth the stay! Kitchen a plus with kids...full size fridge! could use a larger sleeper sofa which would make it more worth while. Do ask for a room with doors between living room and king bed, that would be nicer.... Easy access to Mopac and 183 etc... Shopping, food etc all near as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hheroldroden
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. I'm glad that you appreciated our lovely poolside view and the other amenities we offer at our hotel. As well, I am very happy that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be convenient.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
Northwest Austin
WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium
Northwest Austin
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!