Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central
Ranked #179 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My stay here was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. The staff was great the hotel, was clean and my room was cozy and comfortable. The price I paid for my stay was well worth the quality that I recieved

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013

All in all I had a good stay. There were a few things that could of been better though. At the check-in I didn't know you had to have an additional deposit of 100.00 if you were paying cash or debit. There was no mention of that at the time of my booking. Some of the hallway carpets toward the back of the hotel were really dirty. In my room,the light fixture was missing. In the kitchen there was a dirty kitchen towel on side of the counter by the refrigerator. The pots and pans needed to be replaced. One of everything as far as the dishes were missing. Although the carpet in my room looked like it had been vacuumed, it looked more like it needed to be cleaned. But I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I was so disappointed in the direction this place is going. I cannot believe that we have to pay extra for our rooms to be cleaned. Housekeeping is a given anywhere else you go. Also, if the customer wants clean towels, they have to go and get them.
The carpets when you enter through the back were filthy. There were stains on the couches, sheets and towels. The wifi hardly worked at all... NEVER again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Francisco L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Francisco - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel services were not properly explained to you when making your reservation. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with my front office staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at amt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Dirty room. Broken furniture. WiFi is a bait and switch. They advertise free wifi that does not work and offer faster service for fee. "Non-Smoking" room reeked of smoke. Missing lightbulb not replaced during my entire stay. I would not have stayed except it was prebooked by my employer. Also, The light fixtures had dead crickets in them.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Texasluckytravelet

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear of your issues at our property. I am sorry for your experience.

In response to your feedback, I am meeting with my housekeeping staff to review your feedback as well as contacting our pest management company to make them aware of the issue. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it.

Please contact me, at amt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Don't do it. If you do check it out first. This is not what I imagined it would be. Have a back up plan.
Too many charges for things that should be standard. To have the bed made is five dollars extra a day. To have the room cleaned its ten dollars extra a day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that our housekeeping services were not explained to you properly when making a reservation. I met with the staff, and we will be reviewing the different messages which need to be conveyed to our guests before they arrive and at check-in so this issue is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at amt@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

First of all, I don’t know where their picture of the lobby came from, because that’s not even the same hotel. Second, the pictures of the rooms show this nice, new, brown and tan checkered carpet, but our room had nasty, stained, green carpet. The room was nothing like what is shown in the pictures. Like I said, the carpet in our room was gross. The couch was old, stinky, and heavily stained like the carpet. Threads were coming out of the carpet and peeling up from the floor, and the smoke detector just hung from the wall. The website said a free continental breakfast was included, but when we went downstairs, the only things to eat on the counter was, literally, packets of oatmeal, oranges/apples, and some packaged muffins. Nothing else. There was no milk and no juice. The coffee pots (the only thing to drink) were empty, and even though I asked them for more, they never refilled them. I just couldn’t believe the breakfast options were so sparse. Since the price was so cheap, I didn’t expect it to be luxurious or anything, but I expected it to at least be properly represented, and it wasn’t.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Kasey - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our online photos did not specifically look like what we offer at our location. We are currently working to not only enhance our hotel's look and feel, but also take better photos to be used on the website in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at amt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had a client in town to look at real estate. They wanted to check in before we got busy. The clerk said that the room wasn't ready and we would have to wait 15 to 20 minutes. We thought that would not be long and felt they might have the room ready even quicker. Wrong! The clerk made them wait until 3 o'clock check in time, a 45 minute wait. Miraculously all the rooms were ready at 3 o'clock! I don't get it, why make a customer wait? Obviously it was not a ready issue. House keeping shouldn't take 45 minuets to make a bed!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank DDavidATX
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the wait time for checking in is truly regrettable. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will train our staff to be more resourceful and efficient in checking guest into the hotel. We are very sorry. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at AMT@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you again!