“DO NOT STAY HERE!.... DO NOT STAY HERE !”

Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central
Ranked #184 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Lubbock, Texas
“DO NOT STAY HERE!.... DO NOT STAY HERE !”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here Feb 28-March 2 . First thing is there is 1 entrance and 1 exit. All the gates around the hotel are locked....seem strange? How about my truck stolen and everything inside stolen. They are non cooperative and acted like they didnt have time to check their security cameras. ROBERT GARZA THE HOTEL GM gave me every excuse in the book as to why he could not look at the video footage, while i was there, and the police officer was there.
The continental breakfast is just packaged muffins, packaged oatmeal, and granola bars.
After reading other reviews this happens here very often, hence them locking the other 2 gates that exit the back of the hotel. It is good for the price and the kitchenette, but if you value your possessions DO NOT STAY HERE! THEFT HAPPENS HERE ALWAYS W/ NO RECOVERY

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nathan w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a weekend here through Hotwire, so I was already taking a gamble. For the price I paid, I cannot complain - $80 for Valentines/Presidents Day weekend. I had no problems checking in, but did have to pay a $100 deposit. This is standard practice at this chain, so be sure you're aware of this beforehand. The room, a good sized studio, was non-smoking but smelled of smoke, and the bathroom/bedroom door did not shut properly due to foundation issues with the building. The room was right outside a busy highway, and a lot of families with young kids were staying here, so it was anything but peaceful at night. Can't fault the hotel for that.

I didn't worry at all about my personal safety or that of my vehicle parked outside. The area is safe and well-lit so that isn't an issue. There is generally no room service at these extended stay hotels, unless you opt for it for a fee (which was half of what I paid for booking so I declined).

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again unless money was tight.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I recently moved back to the area to be closer to my 89 year old Grandmother. I hadn't planned on returning to the area so soon, and as such, had no arrangements for a place to live. Instead of rush into a home or apartment in an unfamiliar area, this hotel made it possible for me to focus on my Gramma and her needs while allowing me time to find a more permanent solution to my housing needs. This is not your typical hotel but more of a "home away from home" or a temporary apartment like setting. The maid service is weekly but your linens can be changed out at the front desk, facilities are onsite so that you can do your own laundry and if you are spoiled rotten for a small upgrade you can get daily service. The staff is highly under appreciated by some hotel guests that seem to think they are checking into the Ritz instead of an "extended stay" hotel. If you don't like where priceline/expedia/hotwire etc... booked your reservation, call them and let them know. Please don't take it out on the staff that are there doing their job just because you have a problem with the discounted room you blindly booked. Remember, the person behind the desk works for the hotel not for the 3rd party company that you might have dealt with. Thanks again for a wonderful stay! I will be back again in the future and I'm sending all my friends and family there.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the king suite, well worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was welcome by a very nice receptionist her name is julliet i think. She was very friendly and knows what she was doing. She explained everything to me. The only person i was disappiont with was a gentleman called Robert. I have a fall on the front door on 20th December and twisted my ankle. It took him 3hours for him to call in my hotel room to as how i was. I was very disappionted. The front door was wet and am still experiencing pain.

Room Tip: if you want a place that you call home then extended stay is the best, I will definitely stay there...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Is my first time staying in this hotel, I short listed hotels with kitchen. Extended stay America website seems impressive. upon arrival I was impressed with the overall cleanliness, it smells fresh, receptionist Juliet and her manager Trish were helpful. We order a one bedroom suites, it was exactly the same as how their website describe, although a little flaw, kitchen drawer is broken and the exhaust fan in the bathroom make a lot of noise; once switch on it produces loud noise. Free wifi strength is weak, Daily grab & go breakfast is helpful but not interesting. Only muffins, fruits. Oatmeal. Coffee & tea. We decided to cook hot breakfast after 1st round and that's what the kitchen is for any way. Generally we like it, it works for us, easy access to places. we have booked for 5 days. It is likely for us to continue another 12 nights after our weekend spent else where.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As I got back to my room for the night 2 thugs were pounding on the door across from mine at 3am (no security to be found to stop them) they broke in the room and shot someone the police came they cleaned the room and acted like nothing happened. They have rats in the rooms because I had my Mac Pro laptop cord laying on the floor and a rat (or mouse) but pretty sure it was a rat chewed through most of the cord making it unusable and if you own a Mac Pro retina display like I do you know the cords are $80 from the apple store (beyond pissed off and disgusted with the rat thing). Someone tried to break into my car while there and they broke my window. While I was there I saw atleast 10 cars with broken windows and police were there atleast 5 times a week. I have stayed at alot of hotels over the years and this is by far the worst hotel (and I use that term extremely loosely because it could hardly be called a hotel) that I have ever stayed in or even heard of. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. I don't ever see myself staying at an extended stay in my lifetime and if you value your life property and money will will read and understand this is the worst hotel you could ever think of staying at. That whole area by that hotel (yes cheaper prices) but lots of crime hookers etc.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Dantravelingman

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here for almost 5 months when in Austin on long Bussiness trip! Perfect for long term stays with quality service and located close to almost anything you need! The best of all ES's in Austin.!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business