“Great value, clean rooms”

Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Ranked #122 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Me and three of my girl friends stayed here for a weekend out, which happened to be during a huge UT game. While other mid-range places were charging upwards of $200 a night, this spot was about $80. INCREDIBLE deal. Newly remodeled rooms with a hard floor, friendly staff, and about 3 miles outside of downtown for cheap cab rides. Overall, just a really good all around experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank xAngelaMarie
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! My team and I are very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your stay. Our recently renovated property was done for valued guests like yourself who appreciate clean contemporary decor featuring hardfloor floors and flat screen tv's as well as comfortable new beds and modern european styled baths.

We are very pleased that our Red Roof Inn earned your kudos and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another girls weekend here in Austin!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this RRI for the weekend. Sharief was the gentleman working the front desk and we can't state enough what a great customer service we received from him. From the moment we checked in, he went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. He was very friendly, extended our checkout by 1 hour and when we complained about the loud tv coming from the next door room, he promptly corrected the disturbance. During my lifetime I've had the chance to stay at some well known 5 star hotels, and even then I have not received such a great customer service! Tell Sharief to keep up the great work and perhaps, give him a well-deserved raise!!! :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments here, We truly appreciate the nice things you've said about us and especially Shareif. We will be sure he is aware of your compliments! We strive to provide the best service and accommodations at our brand new renovated hotel. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I recently stayed in the Red Roof Inn south for an entire week. The front desk staff was wonderful and rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was greeted with smiling faces every time I went to the front desk and when checking out. Sabrina was very helpful in the morning and Tammi was excellent as well. The security was on site 24 hours and made their presence know but watching everyone.
I will return to this hotel again.

cons: Hotel walls are thin and I could hear other people when walking by the front door. Weekends were busy but never a problem with any hotel amenities.

Room Tip: pool is very clean!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for leaving your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback and happy that you enjoyed staying at our newly renovated property. Our staff will be thrilled that you mentioned them in your review and I will ensure they are aware of your compliments. Best Regards and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We arrived to the inn late at night. The staff were friendly even at the time. When we opened the door to our room, it didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell that great either. Turned on the lights, one of the beds weren't made completely (suspicious... Good thing we bring our own sheets). The beds were comfortable though. The renovations made the room clean. The air conditioning was loud; on and off every 10/15 minutes. The toilets made that loud leaky warning sound all night. Overall, for the price, the inn was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank girlofgossip

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us see what our guests experience. We will be addressing the issues you mentioned to prevent another incident like this from occurring again. We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied and comfortable in our brand new rooms and hope that you will return again and see us!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

It has been completely remodeled, with finished floors, which makes the room feel 10 times cleaner, than nicer hotels with carpet. It is very up to date & beautiful. Sharieff was very friendly & professional! Anytime we needed anything, they gave it to us right away. The overall stay was great, i would most definetly recommend staying here, it feels just as nice, if not nicer than most expensive hotels. I plan on coming to austin more often & staying here every time!

• Stayed: July 2013

Greetings and thank you for your very nice comments about our newly renovated inn. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review online and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We drove all night from California and arrived at the Red Roof Inn Austin South at 6 am. I asked if we could check in early even if we had to pay for the room. Sherief said that the earliest a room would be open was @9 am but he would have to clear it with management. We came back at 9 and Sabrina was working the desk, they had a room ready with a key and my name on it. I was so glad to get to check in early at no cost and the customer service was some of the best customer service that I have ever had at a hotel. Ill definitely stay at a RRI again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review online. I am ecstatic to hear of how well our staff took care of your needs. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations at an affordable price and our newly renovated rooms add extra value to the mix. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you very soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had a Sunday noon meeting with my association and was just going to drive up that morning but a the weekend approached decided I'd see if I could get a decent rate/room via Priceline. I got the Red Roof Inn Austin South and was happy as I had stayed there a couple times in the past. I got a deluxe king room, newly remodeled with laminate floor, Euro-style fixtures, spacious with desk area also.
I think the RRI is much nicer than its star rating implies, and folks that don't like it need to spend more if they're not happy. For a very reasonable rate, I got a nice room, good wifi, free parking right outside the door, and courteous and helpful service from the front desk.
My only negatives are that my room on the highway side is a bit noisy, but I'm a sound sleeper so no biggie. It's also right on the feeder street of I-35 but the exits/intersections are far apart on that stretch, so getting to the hotel requires some backtracking.
I would stay there again and suggest to anyone looking for budget accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo