“Excellent staff!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Ranked #129 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here at RRI for an extended period of time (November 2013 to January 2014)after our home was destroyed in a flood. To say we were traumatized is an understatement. The staff at this hotel (particulary Sabrina at the front desk, and Tony the maintenance guy) were outstanding! They did everything they could to minimize our trauma and make our stay pleasant. The hotel was very clean, beds quite comfortable, and location very convenient. THANK YOU Sabrina and Tony for making a traumatic time in our lives less traumatic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that our staff provided you with great service during your stay. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was due to unfortunate circumstances, however I am glad that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
I will be sure to post your review for our staff to read.

Thank you again for such wonderful comments.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Great Value with a recently renovated facility.right off HWY 35 within a 12 minute drive to the Austin Airport. Very clean and great beds. I would stay anytime I fly out of Austin. Nice and helpful staff. Convenient parking. In all you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Pamela W, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to read such great comments about our hotel and staff.
I am glad that you found our new beds comfortable and enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to post your review for our staff to read.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Austin area.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is actually one of the nicest Red Roof Inns we have stayed at. We are big fans of RRI because of their pet policy, although we didn't have our dogs with us on this trip. This inn is a "big city" Red Roof Inn and is a multi-story hotel, very likely remodeled after being taken over from another chain. The only problem we had was that we arrived early and so the housekeepers had not fully supplied our room with linens and while they did bring some hand towels to the room, it never got fully supplied. Nevertheless we found it very comfortable and enjoyed our stay here very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway, as it is a little noisy although the noise insulation is prett...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela W, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We strive to provide the best possible service to each of our guests.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Austin area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The remodel is great but why skimp and leave OLD showers??? The rooms are very spacious and the staff are all absolutely wonderful.

I would stay at this property again if they fixed the SLLOOOOOWWWW draining tubs. Nothing is worse than standing in dirty water.

The noise from 35 is a little annoying but if you keep the fan on it isn't unbearable. Also, the hardwood floors

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Adam J,

Thanks for staying with us, and we appreciate your review. I am glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and the hardwood style floors. i am glad the room was nice and spacious and the staff was great, I will definitely share these kind comments with the staff as we work very hard to take good care of our guests and appreciate when those efforts are recognized. We did complete a major renovation here, however our showers have been in great shape and are not old so we were able to continue using them. If there was an issue with yours, I do sincerely apologize. This isn't common here and we have staff on property who can fix this easily. If you want to contact me with the details of the room you were in, we can address it faster. Our housekeeping or maintenance team may have already addressed this during room inspections, or if you informed us during your stay. We do appreciate you choosing us, and hope you stay with us when your travels bring you back to Austin.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Spent sleepless night because of noise from machine room next door. Called reception twice and they quiet ended it but it started up again. something to do with the sprinkler system.They said it was a fault and would be fixed but in case this is not so suggest that you avoid room 124 . No breakfast available here at all. Disappointing stay to say the best!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid Rommel 124 Next to machine room,!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Liz L,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and with all the places you could have chosen... we appreciate you picked us to stay with. I am truly sorry for any noise interruptions during your stay and I want you to know that at Red Roof we offer a 100% Hassle Free Guarantee. If you have an issue during your stay, contact the Front Desk, if they cannot fix it... that night is on us. If this wasn't the case here, please do contact us and we promise to make things right. I can assure you this is not a normal or reoccurring issue here, and we appreciate your feedback so we can fix things moving forward. Again, thanks for taking the time to review us, staying with us, and we hope you allow us to fix this situation and come back so you can see what a nice place Red Roof Inns really area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

The woman working the counter was outstanding. The rooms are modern and clean, and the beds are amazing. My only complaint is I wanted to sign up for the RediCard after I had already checked out, but the gentleman working the counter at that time advised the two nights I had just stayed would not be applied to the card because I had already checked out a couple hours prior. Seems a little silly, but I plan to give customer service a call about that one.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Old E,

Thanks for staying with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am really glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms, and we look forward to rolling out even more cool features in the coming weeks. I do apologize for the confusion with our RediCard program sign up, and can assure you that we can apply credit for those 2 nights, if you haven't already resolved this, please contact us for help. RediCard is definitely the easiest way to get free nights fast and other perks like bottled water at check in and later courtesy holds for reservations. Again, thanks for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stay at this hotel because it's convenient and inexpensive. I've never had a bad experience here at all. The rooms are clean, it's well designed and the location is excellent. Pretty common, but what sets it apart is the level of service. Every business I go to nowadays seems like they could care less and the level of service plain sucks. Not here though. And I wouldn't write a review based solely on the customer service, but the last two times I've been here the front desk clerk Valerie has just made the experience that much better. She's so pleasant and always smiling. She has always made me feel welcome and done everything she could to make sure I was taken care of. She's not the only one, but her level of service should be acknowledged. It's nice to know that customer service still matters at some businesses.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for writing such a nice comment about our staff member Valerie. I will definitely make sure to share your feedback with her. We are proud to provide great service and comfortable clean accommodations in our newly renovated property. We hope you enjoyed the flat screen television and free wifi while you were here. Think of us again when you return to Austin!