We stayed on the 14th floor and the room decor was modern, new and cozy. Room was not huge (we had a standard), but perfect size for my husband and I. We loved the location - close enough to explore the city. Although it was one week after South by Southwest, we expected the price to go down a but sadly, price remained the same AND we had to pay for WIFI. The fitness facility is large, although the pool is a lap pool and cannot fit more than 2 people doing laps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keeping it weird in style ever since we opened in 1924, thanks to the people of Austin who funded our construction! When we opened we were the tallest building in Austin at 10 stories tall. We have gotten a little taller, 15 stories currently, but the city has grown up around us over the years making us a hidden gem in the heart of downtown. We are located 1 block from 6th street, 3 blocks from the Capitol and walking distance to all the activities that make Austin the amazing city that it is. If you are looking for the true experience of Texas and Austin book a room with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Texas