We recently spent an evening downtown in Austin and found a good price on a room at this hotel. I am an Ambassador's Club member at this hotel chain, so my room was upgraded and included a gift of fruit and cookies, which is a nice touch. Staff was polite and attentive. The rooms were very clean.
There are other downtown hotels that cost quite a bit more than this hotel, and I think this location is absolutely perfect. Whether you want to venture out to 6th Street, the capitol or Ladybird Lake, you can walk easily from this hotel.
We did not use the restaurant facility, so I can't comment on it's quality. We did, however, have many fine restaurants a short walk from the hotel.
All in all, shop around for a good price in downtown Austin. If this hotel comes up on your search, know it is a fine value among the many choices available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keeping it weird in style ever since we opened in 1924, thanks to the people of Austin who funded our construction! When we opened we were the tallest building in Austin at 10 stories tall. We have gotten a little taller, 15 stories currently, but the city has grown up around us over the years making us a hidden gem in the heart of downtown. We are located 1 block from 6th street, 3 blocks from the Capitol and walking distance to all the activities that make Austin the amazing city that it is. If you are looking for the true experience of Texas and Austin book a room with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Texas